Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

malcoll

Possible Project....

I've located what I think is a good find... but the current owner MAY be a bit optimistic on the asking price.

It's a 1969 Convertible... H code 351... 4 spd. Metallic Lime Gold w/Black deluxe interior.... No A/C, no PWR steering... manual top.... Although, it is COMPLETELY disassembled... needs some rust repaired.... needs all the wiring... every soft piece (dashpad, seats, door panels, carpet, top, etc). Even the engine is out of the bay.... doors are off, trunk lid off. The current owner has had it for 37 years.... his Dad bought it for him when he was in college....

I purchased a 1969 TR-6 in similar state of disassembly once.. and it was a fun project.....but I picked that one up for $2500.

The owner is asking $12,000. I have not seen the Mustang yet... but I am having a hard time believing it is worth that much.. given I am seeing restored similar examples selling for the mid $20K range.....and I am anticipating an easy $10K worth of repairs and parts........

What do you all think? Although... it would be COOL to have a 1969 Convertible to match my Metallic Lime Gold 1969 Mach w/black interior!

For 12K I would expect a car in roughly the same condition you are describing (maybe a little better). BUT I would expect to be able to drive it home.

Without seeing it, I can't see this car in the state you described being worth anything more than 5k at best.

does the owner have a stack of original NOS parts going with it? or a stack of repos going with it , theres NOWAY its worth that much hes been watching too much barret jackson ive bought a total of 5 69's in the past year i dont even have half that much in all of them

my coupe was running and driving i only gave 1500.00 for it granted its not a convert (none of mine are)

there is supposedly a very nice all original 69 vert close to me that is for sale for 1600.00 (i say supposedly cause i havent seen it yet)

He does indicate having new floors... left quarter, valence panel, trunk extension... all NOS.. purchased 20 years ago...... any more thoughts...

I was thinking $5K range.. but want to see it in person before I make a final judgement.

I'm new to this hobby, but I saw a vert over the holidays that was 10K(Put together) Body was in pretty decent shape too. Given this, I don't think it's worth 12, but may be worth 5 or 6.(If and only if he has everything.)

all put back together it would be a very nice decent car and prolly worth a pretty penny but apart i dunno ...where is the car does it have cali rust? or arizona rust or ohio or new york rust? this would have some impact on it if i was going to buy it by the sounds of you saying it needs all the soft pads i would think its from a hotter climate soo that should mean rust is really at a minimum

does it have any previous accident damage? ...i.e why would he only have bought one 1/4 for it unless of course thats all he could find and is the valance the rear one? and all the other nos parts he says he has are for the rear of the car sounds to me like it has had it ass beat in or off check it out CAREFULLY with what youve said so far im thinking at the very utmost 3k, but again im a poor cheapskate so......

Cupid,

Where is this vert you saw? Color... engine... trans... any information you can share?

Thank you,

Lance

It was in Cheasapeak, VA. The guy didn't unbutton it, but it was either black or yellow. The guy had two(don't remeber which one was the vert). I'm sure it a 351 with an automatic. I can call my buddy to get the name of the shop that was selling it if you want it.

Last night I received a lot of pictures... it's completely disassembled.. and I mean completely... even the wiring harnesses.. steering column... I mean EVERYTHING!

The battery tray and apron are rusted out... the passenger side floor pan (front and rear) need replaced.... the filler between the trunk lid and the convertible top well (fits between the quarters) has rust and needs replaced... the trunk drop offs are rusted out....

Checking further, I found out this Mustang spent 14 years in Delaware..... the remainder in Texas.

The more I look into it... the more I think a top end of $5,000...but he has a strong emotional attachment and doubt he'd sell for that price.

I'm gonna check into it some more.. maybe it'll work out... it's a great blank canvas... I could build the exact duplicate of my 1969 Mach.......

It was in Cheasapeak, VA. The guy didn't unbutton it, but it was either black or yellow. The guy had two(don't remeber which one was the vert). I'm sure it a 351 with an automatic. I can call my buddy to get the name of the shop that was selling it if you want it.

Yes please, I'd like to check it out.