Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ray buhrmester

what to do with my 69 mustang

I have had my 1969 Mustang Fastback 302 for six months now and bought it as an investment, and BOY have I invested. I am so close to getting it where i want to be, but don't know about putting more $$$$ in it.

My question is where do I find photos of engine compartments and power steering set ups. I am no mechanic and most mechanics around here shake their head at the power steering parts I have in the trunk from the last owner.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I would try eBay, there are several nice engine shots, some close up. Look also at their completed auctions. Don't limit yourself to 69 Mustangs, query from 65-73 and take a look.

Also, start a new thread with the title, NEED Engine shots with Power STeering, or something like that lol.

What kind of pics do you need of power steering & engine area - be more than happy to take of my 70 - gotten pretty familiar with my power steering chasing leaks. I know what you mean about investment - if you are in a position you'll recover your investment plus some - way ahead of where I'll be when done.

PaleRider, why did you have power steering leaks? I had a new TCP power rack installed, along with their pump, and sent the first one back with leaks in some of the seals, then when the second one was installed it had leaks as well, though in different places. The current one leaks with the car on and off. TCP said they found no leak in the first rack (rrrrrright) but the one they sent back had a different color seals........all these leaks and the car has zero miles on it!

Sorry to hijack this thread.........but it's on topic at least!

thanks

rob

Your best bet rather than squinting at pics online is to invest some of that money in a good set of Assembly Manuals. They have one for every aspect of the car with exploded views to follow. Any Do It Yourselfer can not live without these and a good set of shop manuals, particularly if it is your first go around with a Mustang.