Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PaleRider

Cutting Doors for Speakers

Plan on putting new stereo set up in my 70 fastback and have not decided where to moung fron speakers. Not too concerned about period correct. Have not decided between:

1. Cutting doors

2. Kick panels with speaker mounts

3. Center speaker replacement

kind of leaning toward kick panels - hole in door does not bother me too much - seems though it may be a little difficult cutting metal. The center replacement sound like that can be an okay setup just have not seen speakers that handle wattage - looking to go 75 x 4. Kick panels are a little price at $80.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Plan on putting new stereo set up in my 70 fastback and have not decided where to moung fron speakers. Not too concerned about period correct. Have not decided between:

1. Cutting doors

2. Kick panels with speaker mounts

3. Center speaker replacement

kind of leaning toward kick panels - hole in door does not bother me too much - seems though it may be a little difficult cutting metal. The center replacement sound like that can be an okay setup just have not seen speakers that handle wattage - looking to go 75 x 4. Kick panels are a little price at $80.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I have the kick panels from NPD and love them in my fastback. I just had to do a lil trim with a razor knife before i painted them. The vents had a lil excess just a lil trim to make them perfect. worth it in my opinion.

I have the kick panels from NPD and love them in my fastback. I just had to do a lil trim with a razor knife before i painted them. The vents had a lil excess just a lil trim to make them perfect. worth it in my opinion.

I put 4x6 speakers in my doors. I've heard too many complaints from people with kickpanel speakers. One complaint is the shallow depth required unless you cut into the side cowl. The other complaint is people kicking the speakers and lack of clearance on the drivers kickpanel when applying the parking brake mechanism. I used Polk MOMO 4x6 speakers and don't have any clearance issues with the window brackets. You can find the mounting depths on their website but from what i remember it wasn't the most shallow speaker. This is on my mach with deluxe door panels and i used original speaker grills.

I put 4x6 speakers in my doors. I've heard too many complaints from people with kickpanel speakers. One complaint is the shallow depth required unless you cut into the side cowl. The other complaint is people kicking the speakers and lack of clearance on the drivers kickpanel when applying the parking brake mechanism. I used Polk MOMO 4x6 speakers and don't have any clearance issues with the window brackets. You can find the mounting depths on their website but from what i remember it wasn't the most shallow speaker. This is on my mach with deluxe door panels and i used original speaker grills.