Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

69mustang351W

towing bar

if you get one make DAMN sure it bolts to the frame and doesn't use chains that wrap around the bumper or uses the bumper in any fashion. the mustang bumpers are notoriously weak and bend very easily. i've destroyed 3 front bumpers using a tow bars and hooks to pull the car or drag it out of the mud, etc.

if you get one make DAMN sure it bolts to the frame and doesn't use chains that wrap around the bumper or uses the bumper in any fashion. the mustang bumpers are notoriously weak and bend very easily. i've destroyed 3 front bumpers using a tow bars and hooks to pull the car or drag it out of the mud, etc.

LOL, you got the wrong Ford to go muddin' in! :detective:

wasn't really mudding in it, we went to the lake and while we were camping it rained and we got stuck on the way out, kind of unavoidable actually. i did go muddin in the old 70 coug once though, that was fun playing with the guy in the 4-runner with a 350 chev. i could go almost anywhere he was able to go, almost.

wasn't really mudding in it, we went to the lake and while we were camping it rained and we got stuck on the way out, kind of unavoidable actually. i did go muddin in the old 70 coug once though, that was fun playing with the guy in the 4-runner with a 350 chev. i could go almost anywhere he was able to go, almost.

Are you looking to tow a mustang or tow WITH a mustang?

If you are looking to tow a mustang I would recommend going to u-haul or the like & rent a tow dolly. I rented one one way from WV to TX & it was ~$250. This is a much better option.

If you are looking to tow with a mustang don't expect to tow too much weight. I took a hitch of my Mach1 when I bought it & it bolted to the rear bumper & had a piece of bar that went under the gas tank & bolted to the sheet-metal in front of the tank. Not a really strong design at all!!!

Mike

Are you looking to tow a mustang or tow WITH a mustang?

If you are looking to tow a mustang I would recommend going to u-haul or the like & rent a tow dolly. I rented one one way from WV to TX & it was ~$250. This is a much better option.

If you are looking to tow with a mustang don't expect to tow too much weight. I took a hitch of my Mach1 when I bought it & it bolted to the rear bumper & had a piece of bar that went under the gas tank & bolted to the sheet-metal in front of the tank. Not a really strong design at all!!!

Mike