Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JC69Stang

Quick Brake Question

As I draw nearer to buying my disks/conversion brackets, I have a question regarding the proportioning valve.

I am going to buy the Vintage Venom kit, and so far the best prices I have found for the front brakes are at Summit, and no decision yet on the rear setup.

I have the new MC from MPBrakes and New 18" FR500 wheels.

I intend to buy a adjustable valve (with the knob), but I need to know if I still need a new solid brass one for a disc/disc setup?

Or does the adjustable one replace that unit altogether?

Thank you and pics are forthcomming. Bought the wife a new digi cam for her b-day this week!

As I draw nearer to buying my disks/conversion brackets, I have a question regarding the proportioning valve.

I am going to buy the Vintage Venom kit, and so far the best prices I have found for the front brakes are at Summit, and no decision yet on the rear setup.

I have the new MC from MPBrakes and New 18" FR500 wheels.

I intend to buy a adjustable valve (with the knob), but I need to know if I still need a new solid brass one for a disc/disc setup?

Or does the adjustable one replace that unit altogether?

Thank you and pics are forthcomming. Bought the wife a new digi cam for her b-day this week!

I'm replacing the brass one completely with a Summit adjustable. It simply restricts the pressure/flow to the rear brakes to control rear wheel lockup with rear discs. BTW I am going the Ultrastang route (SN95) for rear discs. I like the idea or later model parts and keeping it all Stang plus they are a pretty straight forward design.

-Stephen

I'm replacing the brass one completely with a Summit adjustable. It simply restricts the pressure/flow to the rear brakes to control rear wheel lockup with rear discs. BTW I am going the Ultrastang route (SN95) for rear discs. I like the idea or later model parts and keeping it all Stang plus they are a pretty straight forward design.

-Stephen

Vintage Venom changed up on Ebay and have a full kit for SN95 front and rear as well.

Their website still shows the old setup.

I will check out Ultrastang again before I make a final purchase.

Vintage Venom changed up on Ebay and have a full kit for SN95 front and rear as well.

Their website still shows the old setup.

I will check out Ultrastang again before I make a final purchase.