Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PaleRider

Billet Alternator Bracket - How Do You Mount it?

I guess I should have checked this out before I bought it but got it delivered today and it does not look too obvious on how to mount. Hopefully it's not for a serpentine set up only. Anyone go one of these on there car - pics would be great. thanks

I guess I should have checked this out before I bought it but got it delivered today and it does not look too obvious on how to mount. Hopefully it's not for a serpentine set up only. Anyone go one of these on there car - pics would be great. thanks

Well, it looks like they give you new long bolts to replace the waterpump ones that hold your bracket in place to begin with and you wouldn't use all those sleeves, you should only need one sleeve, probably the shortest one. Since the rod is not curved like a stock piece my guess is the small bracket goes with it and a short bolt and the nut to adjust the belt tension at the bottom of the alternator.

Well, it looks like they give you new long bolts to replace the waterpump ones that hold your bracket in place to begin with and you wouldn't use all those sleeves, you should only need one sleeve, probably the shortest one. Since the rod is not curved like a stock piece my guess is the small bracket goes with it and a short bolt and the nut to adjust the belt tension at the bottom of the alternator.

This is mine, just waiting for the car to get ready:drool:

Morten

Norway

VERY nice... So are those March pullies I guess? I really like that setup myself. I'd drive a AC compressor on the drivers side since I have a manual rack. Again, very nice!

-Stephen

This is mine, just waiting for the car to get ready:drool:

Morten

Norway

VERY nice... So are those March pullies I guess? I really like that setup myself. I'd drive a AC compressor on the drivers side since I have a manual rack. Again, very nice!

-Stephen