Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ProStang

4.6L in a 1969

Hello I am new to the site and I am building a 69 Protour mustanf and I am looking at putting a 4.6L 32v in it, and I am wondering if any one knows someone or a company that will reprogram the computer and harness for a stand alone system. I know of a person but he only works on GM engines.

Hello I am new to the site and I am building a 69 Protour mustanf and I am looking at putting a 4.6L 32v in it, and I am wondering if any one knows someone or a company that will reprogram the computer and harness for a stand alone system. I know of a person but he only works on GM engines.

You're saying you want a standalone system, yet you want to use the stock ECU?

As far as a standalone, I like the AEM setups. Tec3 is also a good alternative that I've had some limited experience with. I'm also a fan of the FAST Systems, having used the older style system not the XFI.

Ashame you're not closer.

As far as a standalone, I like the AEM setups. Tec3 is also a good alternative that I've had some limited experience with. I'm also a fan of the FAST Systems, having used the older style system not the XFI.

i think he means getting rid of all the other functions of the computer like the cruise control, abs and all the other non engine control functions

i think he means getting rid of all the other functions of the computer like the cruise control, abs and all the other non engine control functions

you may also want to check with the detail zone.they use a harness with the factory computer.check out the video on there site.i used one of there kits to put a 1995 5.0 in a 78 f100. very detailed and customer service was great...

you may also want to check with the detail zone.they use a harness with the factory computer.check out the video on there site.i used one of there kits to put a 1995 5.0 in a 78 f100. very detailed and customer service was great...

Depending on your application, you may want to look at Motec as well.

Their stuff is a bit on the expensive side but from a tuner perspective it absolutely rocks. They make systems for 4, 6, and 8 cylinder applications with a variety of specs.

-Static

Depending on your application, you may want to look at Motec as well.

Their stuff is a bit on the expensive side but from a tuner perspective it absolutely rocks. They make systems for 4, 6, and 8 cylinder applications with a variety of specs.

-Static