Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

369coupes

a few questions on a mid 70's cobraII

right down the street from my new house is a im guessing 77 cobra II its been sitting on the driveway in the same spot for years+ . i caught the next door nieghbor (to the car) out this morning and asked her if she knew anything about it. she said the woman that owns it is the original owner and plans to restore it someday(my opion about 5 years too late) and she doesnt want to sell it, i think the neighbor wants it gone, anyway im not wanting to buy it to rebuild it im just curious what might be under the hood im guess 302 2bbl or possibly a 4bbl but, did they happen to put 351 w's in them? its really a shame its a acomplete package car and it just left to rot no cover no blocks or stands under it, it would be really lucky if when she finnially does move it ,it doesnt break in half what would you offer if you knew where it was? its a white car, with red and yellow stripes if that helps determine the year

i know the front suspensions are desirable but can it be made to fit a 69? and what about the rear axle? did they put good gear sets in them ?

right down the street from my new house is a im guessing 77 cobra II its been sitting on the driveway in the same spot for years+ . i caught the next door nieghbor (to the car) out this morning and asked her if she knew anything about it. she said the woman that owns it is the original owner and plans to restore it someday(my opion about 5 years too late) and she doesnt want to sell it, i think the neighbor wants it gone, anyway im not wanting to buy it to rebuild it im just curious what might be under the hood im guess 302 2bbl or possibly a 4bbl but, did they happen to put 351 w's in them? its really a shame its a acomplete package car and it just left to rot no cover no blocks or stands under it, it would be really lucky if when she finnially does move it ,it doesnt break in half what would you offer if you knew where it was? its a white car, with red and yellow stripes if that helps determine the year

i know the front suspensions are desirable but can it be made to fit a 69? and what about the rear axle? did they put good gear sets in them ?

The best engine in those was a 302 2V with "brisk" performance. If memory serves me correctly, these so called cobras could even be had with a V6.

Not even the mighty King Cobra decal package came with a 9 inch rear and the four speed was not a top-loader. This thing was just to get us through the energy crisis. One lesser model was even called the mpg. :sleep1:

If the car is all together I'm sure it will be worth something someday.

If you want pieces I'd look elsewhere as it sounds like the owner has some attachment to it.

Anymore you can get MII kits (Tubular arms, custom crossmember, etc) that look and perform better than original MII parts anyhow. I parted out a MII coupe once that was a V8 car. Picked it up for $50 but it didn't have the engine when I got it.

I kept the rear, suspension, rack, 4 speed and anything else that I thought I could use in the future but still haven't used anything from it. Thinking maybe the rear and front for some future street rod but I have enough on m plate right now.

There are seveal MII sites out there including a subform on Stangnet if you'd like to check further.

Good luck

-Stephen

with the red and yellow stripes it would be a 78 model, those stripes were one year only. as proto said it's possib;e it could be a v6 car and there were even a few 4 cylinder cobra II's made. there is nothing on that car that would be very useful to you and iti would be a shame to cut the car up if it's restorable, even marginally. people always talk trash about the II's but they were great little cars and are still a part of the mustang heritage. if anything, buy it and flip to a mustang II guy, they have a very loyal following out there and people will pay good money for a cobra II especially if it's a v8 car.