Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

70Coupe

Stupid People

so i was talking to a "buddy" yesterday (same one with the camaro, that he doesnt have) and he tried to tell me that a STOCK 60's mustang can beat a Modded Shelby Stang, and i tried to tell him no, depending on the car. as the convo continued, and he tried to tell me the reason the later 69 and 70 (and 71 72 73) Shelby's! can be beaten by a stock Mustang because Carroll helped design the mustang and then left and Ford put bigger engines in the later Mustangs. so naturally i had to try and set him straight that Iacocca,(i think thats how it's spelled) created the Stang and they asked Shelby to make the Stang better for road racing, thus creating the GT350, and that Shelby and Ford started disagreeing in the late 60's and Ford eventually created the Shelby's in 69 and 70, not Shelby himself as in 65 and 66. and tried to explain the whole deal of the 71-73 Shelby's to him, but he said he had a friend who has a 73 Shelby Cobra 500 GT Mustang thing or whatever. so i finally just gave up and let him go with it. some people now a days, think they know any and everything about cars, THAT THEY DONT EVEN LIKE!!! Just thought you all might get a lil chuckle out of that.

Generally, the harder they argue, the less they know. I imagine most of us have been there, done that. The ones that really tick me off is when the debate is witnessed by other interested parties and the other parties believe what the moron is saying!! Just can't fix stupid....

It's alright, I got into an argument the other day when a guy called me an idiot for drag racing my automatic. He said I was an idiot and called me a few other names, just because he doesnt understand the hobby.

It sucks, but most people can't change their own brakes, let alone actually know whats going on under the hood. Shoot, my car doesnt even have a hood lol.

It's alright, I got into an argument the other day when a guy called me an idiot for drag racing my automatic. He said I was an idiot and called me a few other names, just because he doesnt understand the hobby.
]

LLOLLLL....Don't they know drag cars use semi automatic transmissions or clutchless manual transmissions? Even if you race your c4 how does he know you don't have a shift kit in it? An automatic with a transbrake and shift kit can beat any of those shitty manuals....

Ok, Here's my rant!

OMFG!!! I hate how people that look like greasers or rockabilly some how think they know more about cars than anyone else? Is it just me?

Sad to say that i used to be like that because my brother was into the rockabilly scene but these dirty bastards don't even know how to change a spark plug. One of the guys had a 70 mustang with a inline 6 and they he thought he was the sh it ....lol....When i got my stang i had to school him on working on cars and race his dumbass because he always said he'll beat my car...it had glasspacks so he thought it had balls lol....i was like no way!!...let's go...

I'm talking about these types of bastards...

FlatIronYears2.jpg

Ok, It's like a battle of wits and he is totally unarmed!!!! As for the automatics. In my day, any one could pop a clutch to cherp a gear. Only a real automatic transmission could cherp second and drive. My old C-4 would shift so hard you would be looking for chiropractor to fix your neck. Also the un-armed guys don't understand constancy(less human error) and launch control of an automatic.

Ok that's my rant.

That's what i'm saying!!...manual transmissions are better for road racing and stuff like that because you can't shift thru the gears on a automatic...for drag racing i'm going with a ford automatic..

manual transmissions are kind of a catch 22, they are fun as hell when you're blsating through the gears but sure a pain in the ass in stop and go driving. i don't have much choice anymore but to use an automatic but in my younger days i could shift through the gears like Ronny Sox (well almost. LOL) barely even touching the clutch at all and i could even make little 2.8 v6 76 capri catch rubber in all 4 gears. anyone that's ever owned a first or 2nd gen capri knows that tough to do because of the shifter design, if you did it wrong you'd either break the shifter housing or get the shifter rods tangled up with each other. man, i miss that little car.

Hahahaha gotta love the stick cars though. Believe me I can yank the hell outta that shifter without touching the clutch when I want to.....

My work truck is an '86 F350 Diesel with a dump body. It's got dual rear wheels and I would have the bastard spinning second and chirping third. My burnouts were rediculous, and when I'd put the bed all the way back the truck wanted to shoot to the moon (Although I couldn't ever get the front tires off the ground :( )

I love a stick car, but when it comes to a straight line, there's a reason street cars use Automatics. Don't see too many 8.50 guys using anything but a powerglide do ya? (C4's and TH400's sometimes)

What I can't figure out is why you continue to waste your time listening to, talking to, trying to correct, and generally hanging out with this guy.

hes one of those uys who thinks he is one of my "best friends" and i cant stand the f**ker, but i play along just to get him to go away faster. most of the time i dont even listen to him, still he starts talkin about car stuff, then i have to skool him on the knowledge he DOESNT have, and he gets all pissed, cuz he thinks he knows the most. to be honest, i try to AVOID him as much as possible, but somehow he always seems to know where the hell i am, so i sit and pretend to listen and give a sh*t about his Camaro that he doenst have or wont get for another couple years. But i DO try to ignore and avoid this guy at all possible, im sure you all have known a guy like that. hes like the turd that wont flush, you know.

Dude you need to tell him WTF!!! I've had "friends" like that. One of my best friends knows about cars and knew more about cars when i met him but now he calls me asking questions. The cool part is that i help him out and he helps me out whenever we can and it's NO QUESTIONS ASKED. He does have a friend who think he's the shit because he had this Iroc-z with a 383 stroker...I'm like ok whatever but he talks soo much shit about cars and yeah HE'S ALWAYS RIGHT and has the best car ever...

I know your frustration so i think you need to let him go as a friend and tell him YOU TALK TO MUCH ...SHHHH IIT! How can he talk the talk when you have a the mustang, fairlane, cougar, and a ranchero?

Dude you need to tell him WTF!!! I've had "friends" like that. One of my best friends knows about cars and knew more about cars when i met him but now he calls me asking questions. The cool part is that i help him out and he helps me out whenever we can and it's NO QUESTIONS ASKED. He does have a friend who think he's the shit because he had this Iroc-z with a 383 stroker...I'm like ok whatever but he talks soo much shit about cars and yeah HE'S ALWAYS RIGHT and has the best car ever...

I know your frustration so i think you need to let him go as a friend and tell him YOU TALK TO MUCH ...SHHHH IIT! How can he talk the talk when you have a the mustang, fairlane, cougar, and a ranchero?

thats what im sayin, but HE JUST LEFT AS SOON AS I GOT ON HERE, RIGHT NOW, JUST LEFT! anyways, i dont know how he can "talk to talk" as you put it when i have the cars that i have, but you know how "car people" are, the ones who dont know enogh about it. HAHAHA reminds me, we were lookin at some Stangs on ebay. and a 70 Boss popped up, and it had like 50,000 miles on it or so, and hes like, "damn a 1970 with 50,000 miles, id be strippin that car down and taking that ole junk engine out and puttin in a crate motor, the damn engine has 50,000 miles on it you see that." and i ignored him, because it was ONE of the stupidest things, then as he left, he tried to tell me that his "Chev was gonna be my Stang when he got it." whatever, i just ignore him now, and look at a bunch of car stuff, JUST TO PROVE HIS STUPIDITY.

aahaha gotta love people like that. i knew one when i took auto shop in high school, he thought he knew everything. he also thought i was his freind just because i was the only one in the class that wasnt mean to him all the time. anyway he was always screwing stuff up in the shop. whenever anyone brought their car to the shop with a problem he was always there wanting to "help" and always acted like he knew what he was doing, even though it was obvious he didnt have a clue. needless to say nobody ever let him work on their cars and he was always pissed lol. i mean he did stuff like, once we were rotating the tires on the shop truck, and he had the air wrench set the wrong way and managed to strip a couple of lug bolts before he realized what he was doing wrong. and another time he was helping change the oil on somebodys car and he forgot to put a pan down. the teacher made him stay at school during lunch and clean up the mess after that. the worst thing i remember him doing though, once i was practicing welding with some scrap metal, and id just finished welding a bead, and i lifted up my mask, turned around, and there he was just standing there right behind me WITH A FULL GAS CAN! it was one of the old metal ones too. apparently he was trying to help someone get their car started or something. but yeah he got yelled at by me and the teacher and some other people for that.

aahaha gotta love people like that. i knew one when i took auto shop in high school, he thought he knew everything. he also thought i was his freind just because i was the only one in the class that wasnt mean to him all the time. anyway he was always screwing stuff up in the shop. whenever anyone brought their car to the shop with a problem he was always there wanting to "help" and always acted like he knew what he was doing, even though it was obvious he didnt have a clue. needless to say nobody ever let him work on their cars and he was always pissed lol. i mean he did stuff like, once we were rotating the tires on the shop truck, and he had the air wrench set the wrong way and managed to strip a couple of lug bolts before he realized what he was doing wrong. and another time he was helping change the oil on somebodys car and he forgot to put a pan down. the teacher made him stay at school during lunch and clean up the mess after that. the worst thing i remember him doing though, once i was practicing welding with some scrap metal, and id just finished welding a bead, and i lifted up my mask, turned around, and there he was just standing there right behind me WITH A FULL GAS CAN! it was one of the old metal ones too. apparently he was trying to help someone get their car started or something. but yeah he got yelled at by me and the teacher and some other people for that.

this kid is one of those guys, except hes into motorcycles, and tries telling everybody that he knows more about cars then anybody.

Seriously you need to TELL THAT GUY WTF!!...50,000 miles and wants to put a crate engine?.....DUDE OMG...I would smack him upside his head...lol...

I would kick him out of my house for just saying the word chevy!...