Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

351carlo

Center Console Question

Ok guys, I was looking at my center console a while ago, and noticed that there is at least 2 spots that it looks switches could have been. Now I know nothing about these things aside from my car has one and I like it.

Enlighten me. Are there any spots on this car I can put a switch out in the open and it wouldn't be a dead giveaway of something else going on?

As of right now every gauge I own is hidden in one way or another, and all switches including my digital window switch is hidden as well. Up until March the entire CD player with dual amps was hidden. I'm a stock appearing restomod kinda guy.... I'm so indecisive :glare:

Well Bnickel is certainly the best to answer this but I am pretty ceretain there were no console switch options, the only thing I can think of that you might be looking at are the deluxe slots to hold the seatbelt buckles.

If I could afford to have a console just to screw around with I think what I would try for some steatlh is to cut out a square section of some of that dead space between the shifter and the armrest. Using a flush mounted spring hinge underneath and a small magnetic catch button that you push down on to pop open to reveal the hidden compartment underneath.

sounds like it could be a shelby console. does it have a 2 gauge pod at the front under the heater contorls? if so it could be an original shelby console. if it doesn't have the 2 gauge pod then someone has drilled holes for the switches.

If I could afford to have a console just to screw around with I think what I would try for some steatlh is to cut out a square section of some of that dead space between the shifter and the armrest. Using a flush mounted spring hinge underneath and a small magnetic catch button that you push down on to pop open to reveal the hidden compartment underneath.

Funny you say that. I used the stock ashtray location, took out the ashtray and made a stealthy compartment. Unfortunately it's already got 4 switches and any more is just tooooo much.

Oh and I didnt have to cut it :)

I'll take a few pictures when I get back in town.