Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Streetking

Radiator?

Griffin yes - Summit no....

Usually Summit has good prices but not on Griffin radiators. The one for my application is $602 at Summit and I found it for $472 at a Mustang site.

Can't find the site right now but go to Griffin's website and find the model # you need. Google the part number and you should be able to find a better price.

Griffin yes - Summit no....

Usually Summit has good prices but not on Griffin radiators. The one for my application is $602 at Summit and I found it for $472 at a Mustang site.

Can't find the site right now but go to Griffin's website and find the model # you need. Google the part number and you should be able to find a better price.

wow, really? i know the last time i priced 'em they were a bunch cheaper than that, like right at 400 bucks.

i was going to go with the griffin but after talking to them,they were 6 weeks out.then talked to them 6 weeks later and was told they were still 5 to 6 weeks out and also found out why.they have filed chapter 11. i didnt wont to take any chances buying one from them in case i had a problem. i went with the pwr. nice piece ,polished tanks, perfect original fit..www.cardomain.com/ride/2073886

SW, if your car still has the original engine and accessories that radiator won't work for you. the 69 351's had the radiator outlet on the passenger side of the car and the rad you linked to is for a driver side water pump outlet. you could change the front dress of the engine but it's not a simple swap, it entails changing all the pulleys, brackets, timing pointer, and harmonic balancer as well. now, if someone has already swapped in a later model engine and accessories you'll be good. just thought i would warn you. of course you could always have the inlet on the rad swapped to the other side but that's almost as much of a pain as swapping accessory drive system.

SW, if your car still has the original engine and accessories that radiator won't work for you. the 69 351's had the radiator outlet on the passenger side of the car and the rad you linked to is for a driver side water pump outlet. you could change the front dress of the engine but it's not a simple swap, it entails changing all the pulleys, brackets, timing pointer, and harmonic balancer as well. now, if someone has already swapped in a later model engine and accessories you'll be good. just thought i would warn you. of course you could always have the inlet on the rad swapped to the other side but that's almost as much of a pain as swapping accessory drive system

OMG YES!! I'm having a problem with pulleys and timing pointers because i have a 5.0. I think what i'm going to end up doing is buying some billet brackets for a 5.0 with a/c delete since i'm going to have power steering. So now i need to find a radiator with the drivers side outlet so i can install the stock 5.0 water pump.

OMG YES!! I'm having a problem with pulleys and timing pointers because i have a 5.0. I think what i'm going to end up doing is buying some billet brackets for a 5.0 with a/c delete since i'm going to have power steering. So now i need to find a radiator with the drivers side outlet so i can install the stock 5.0 water pump.

it's an easy fix, just swap to a 70 model radiator.