Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ForceFed70

Pedal assembly from a 70 Cougar?

Hi guys,

Was wondering if anyone knows wether the 70 stangs and cougars shared the same pedal assemblies? There's a local guy parting out his cougar and I was hoping I could use his manual pedal assembly for my auto - T5 swap.

Hi guys,

Was wondering if anyone knows wether the 70 stangs and cougars shared the same pedal assemblies? There's a local guy parting out his cougar and I was hoping I could use his manual pedal assembly for my auto - T5 swap.

I've heard they're the same, but I've never tried it. Hopefully, someone will respond who's verified it.

If nothing else surely the clutch pedal would work?? Do you have power brakes right now?

On mine I simply added a clutch pedal in the existing bushings years ago. Just recently added roller bearings since I am finally going back together and will cut over to manual then.

-Stephen

yes the 70 cougar and mustang are the same piece. if you can get the front end from that 70 cougar for a good price let me know. i'm gonna need pretty much everything, headlight assemblies, front bumper and filler panel and most definitely the hood for my 69 cougar project.

yes the 70 cougar and mustang are the same piece. if you can get the front end from that 70 cougar for a good price let me know. i'm gonna need pretty much everything, headlight assemblies, front bumper and filler panel and most definitely the hood for my 69 cougar project.

You know I'm in Canada right? Shipping on something like bumpers and hood is going to be damn expensive. You'll also probably get hit with some import fees.

You know I'm in Canada right? Shipping on something like bumpers and hood is going to be damn expensive. You'll also probably get hit with some import fees.

yeah i hadn't thought about that, then again if the parts are cheap enough it might still be worth it.