Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cupid

Mounted the wheels!

Wow.. Looks great! So those are 454's 17 x 8 all the way around?

I love how the front looks/sets.. so that's with the 1" arm drop and 1 1/2" lowering springs? What tire size did you end up with up front?? And the backspace?

Sorry.. million questions. That's just how I want my front to set eventually.

I'm going to run a taller tire in the back due to my gearing (4.11's) and get as much rubber as I can with the narrower housing I have.

Nice look and congrates..

-Stephen

Wow.. Looks great! So those are 454's 17 x 8 all the way around?

I love how the front looks/sets.. so that's with the 1" arm drop and 1 1/2" lowering springs? What tire size did you end up with up front?? And the backspace?

-Stephen

Not a problem with the questions. I was the same way before I bought these!

Yes, they are 17X8's all around. I do have the 1" shelby drop. I also have 1-1/2" lowering springs. They are actually 1" drop springs for a 65-66. That's where the extra 1/2" comes from. the tires are 245/45. I could have stuff a lot more undeneath the rear, but I wanted to do front to back rotation with the directionals. They stick like glue! I used to be able to do burnouts with ease. Not anymore...

Oh, my rear is a little lower than that. I'm having a huge problem(just like everybody else) getting it to settle down evenly. In the pics the passenger side is 2.5 inches higher than the driver's side. It used to sit evenly so I took it back out and slung the car around a bit, specifically a HUGE left handed sweeping curve and now it sets only a 1/2" higher. Has anybody witnessed this? I'll post this in the technical forum as well.

Wow, I was thinking the same thing.... I didn't pay much attention to the scratch until I put the wheels on! The PO did a horrible job at painting it too, but I will have that fixed in the next year or so. Put it like this, painted tape was still over the signal lights when I bought the car and that was a year after it was painted!