Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IRNPONY

69 Window Glass

69 MACH SIDE WINDOW GLASS, I need the measurements to glue brackets on windows, both were off glass shop quesed and they were wrong, cant bolt glass runner guides up, does any body have the measurements ? the car is painted and this is the last thing to re install. thanks mac

Try the search engine, we have had many threads about glue in glass over the years. Here is one in particular where I posted an article on it that might be helpful. http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=1318&highlight=glass

Doubtful that you will find anyone that can tell you the exact meaurement and placement unless they wrote it down and kept it when they last fixed it themselves. The only advice I can offer is to set the glass in the track loose, with the window rolled up position it exactly into place then trace a guideline around the bracket. That or attempt to glue them while they are in the door.

FYI - Just saw this over at VMF, note that I have NOT checked this out yet. Mine are still glued but it's been years since it was done.

-----------------------------------------

manyc

old hand

Loc: North Western Vermont

08/31/06 03:08 PM

I would just like to add that each bracket is glued in plate 3/4" from the front edge of the glass for the front one and 3/4" from the back for the rear one. I use masking tape as a guide. Ditto on the 3m Window weld.

-----------------------------------------

-Stephen