Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

churchkey

Make your factory air a little colder

If your installing a new system & you do not have a concourse car I suggest you ditch the expansion valve & install an orifice tube.

Interesting.. can you explain more or give us some links in regard to this?

I am likely going to be piece mealing mine together from a dealer add on underdash, a late model sanden compressor and who knows what else but I wasn't sure how to handle that area.

-Stephen

AN aftermarket under dash unit will work fine with an expansion valve. IMHO the best thing you can add to the system is a manifold condenser to use with 134 freon. You will also need a 6 or 7 blade engine fan or you can add a pusher electric fan in front of the condenser. Drive the fan with a relay that is triggered by the compressor clutch wire.

The problem with 134 is that it does not cool well when the car is not moving. Getting more air through the condenser helps immensely.

You can score a manifold condenser at Air Tique or Vintage Air. Measure your radiator opening behind the grill & get the largest one that will fit. I do not remember the sizes as its been a year since I installed it. There are holes in the core support on the drivers side to run the hoses. I mounted the dryer on the inner fender between the washer bottle & the shock tower. I ran the suction & liquid lines under the export brace & zip tied them to it so they are out of sight.