Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TStone

ebay gt vert

really doesn't look too terribly bad. definitely needs a complete resto though. looks like the gt version of pakrats car, before the wreck. even has the deluxe interior. i bet there weren't very many h code, 4 speed, deluxe interior verts made in 69. who knows if you break all the codes down this may be a one of one car. h code 4 speeds weren't very common anyway, and add thatn it is a gt vert with deluxe interior, i'd definitely say it is a very rare car even if it's not a one of one.

looks like the gt version of pakrats car, before the wreck. even has the deluxe interior.

Ummm, and minus all the Deterioration as well you mean I hope.:blink:

You know if it had a title, this is something I may had foresaken my car for. Right now it's at about what my buy back price was and I could have just about transferred almost everything it needs off my car over to it. With the exception of probably quite a bit of rust repair I would have to do pretty much the same scale tear down to it.

Ummm, and minus all the Deterioration as well you mean I hope.:blink:

You know if it had a title, this is something I may had foresaken my car for. Right now it's at about what my buy back price was and I could have just about transferred almost everything it needs off my car over to it. With the exception of probably quite a bit of rust repair I would have to do pretty much the same scale tear down to it.

well yeah, the rust was a given. i was talking about the color and body style.

but just think Pak, by the time you'd got done with this one, you'd have upgraded to a larger engine, more gears in the trans and also upgraded to deluxe interior from standard as well as having gone from a standard mustang to a mustang GT.

honestly, if i had the money i would buy this car now myself.

well yeah, the rust was a given. i was talking about the color and body style.

but just think Pak, by the time you'd got done with this one, you'd have upgraded to a larger engine, more gears in the trans and also upgraded to deluxe interior from standard as well as having gone from a standard mustang to a mustang GT.

honestly, if i had the money i would buy this car now myself.

Really, even without a title? I don't know man, that can get risky. No doubt I could have netted more in the end for the same scratch probably with something like this but I'm also enjoying the freedom right now of doing what i want guilt free to it. Plus I can't even tell you how many different folks have told me that they have never worked on such a sollid mustang in their life. There's no turning back now that's for sure so I'm not going to second guess it but a year ago this could have been an option.

Really, even without a title? I don't know man, that can get risky. No doubt I could have netted more in the end for the same scratch probably with something like this but I'm also enjoying the freedom right now of doing what i want guilt free to it. Plus I can't even tell you how many different folks have told me that they have never worked on such a sollid mustang in their life. There's no turning back now that's for sure so I'm not going to second guess it but a year ago this could have been an option.[/quote

in this particular case since there would have been a storage lien put against the car (hopefully) it would be ok. a storage lien or mechanics lien would be the only way i would buy a car without a title.

if i had the cash i would be one car closer to my goal of owning one of body style 69 GT. i would really rather it be a 390 or 428 car though since i already have the 351, but beggars can't be choosers i guess.

Well, looks like it finally sold for $3,250.00, not bad at all. It just occured to ne though, I don't remeber seeinga VIN so we don't know for sure it's a real GT, do we? I also just realized the driver door was replaced which means the tags are probably long gone too. I think If I eved did attempt to trade up but still have a 69' vert I'd have to hold out for a 428cj anyway (like the one for sale last summer down the road from me, still kick myself somedays). Other than that I'd be switching body styles completely and either go for a Mach or when the Eleahor craze finally dies build a 67' Shelby replica or the dream phantom of a 67' Shelby vert that I always wanted and still do some day.

You know I'm really not sure, I know it was pricey though like 45-50k. I had spotted it on ebay but in my town and tracked it to a local Toyota dealership of all places. They were pushing the fact that it was all original and it looks decent in this pic but up close it literally needed everything. New interior, new weatherstripping, all new chrome, some new floor panels, the usual list of suspects. It ran a bit rough too but looked pretty much 100% complete. It also had it's second coat of paint on it already but looked like a cheap top coat and that's whn they added the black out hood.

Basically I reasoned myself right out of it because I would have needed like another 15k to 20k on top of my insurance money then lord knows how much on top of that to make it perfect again plus to me a car like that if any should be returned to all original of which I'm not a big fan of the pale yellow and I would want an original shaker car if I was going whole hog.

I don't even know if they ever sold it or not, i should go drive by there this week and see. For a toyota dealer that had a decent size showroom of classic out back. T-Bords, 440 six packs, the gambit. The only one that looked like belonged there was an old tricked out Land Cruiser, it was a beast.

well judging from the couple of pics of that ebay car and my memory of the ad, i'd say it was indeed a genuine GT. the only way to tell for sure if it is is to get a Marti report, but it had all the right stuff including the correct stamped out hole in the hood that i've only ever seen on GT's. it also had the stripes, wheels, gas cap, chrome, remote driver mirror, hood scoop and pins and it was obviously unmolested, except by rust, so i would say with 99.9% certainty that is indeed a genuine GT.

Yeh its a little to pricey like you said. I wouldnt know where to start on how to judge its actual value though. But needless to say its not the right car for you, at least thats what i think your saying. :)

I'm still kicking myself for not purchasing a 1969 mach 1 For $9000 off ebay several years back.... The only problem was that it was located in california at the time. This was before I made the site etc. And at that time it just wasnt possible, so i had to let it go. Heres a picture of it: 69prod.jpg

what hole are you talking about?

under the hood scoop. on the GT's most of them got a factory stamped opening in the hood under the hood scoop for apparently some kind of ram air system that ford had planned for the car but didn't go through with for whatever reason. i have been trying to document these hoods whenever i come across one and i had about 100 or so logged on my old computer but it got a virus and wiped the hard drive out, i still have a bunch saved on this one though. here are some examples, the blue in the 3rd pic is mine and the middle one is the ebay vert

under the hood scoop. on the GT's most of them got a factory stamped opening in the hood under the hood scoop for apparently some kind of ram air system that ford had planned for the car but didn't go through with for whatever reason. i have been trying to document these hoods whenever i come across one and i had about 100 or so logged on my old computer but it got a virus and wiped the hard drive out, i still have a bunch saved on this one though. here are some examples, the blue in the 3rd pic is mine and the middle one is the ebay vert

I've never seen a hood with that particular hole. An original cut hood have four pie shape cutouts covering the same diameter as you show. IMHO it looks like someone has sniped off some metal to make a complete hole.

I've never seen a hood with that particular hole. An original cut hood have four pie shape cutouts covering the same diameter as you show. IMHO it looks like someone has sniped off some metal to make a complete hole.

nope those are original ford stampings.

mine came with some kind of aluminum tape type stuff covering the hole from the top side of the hood and was sprayed body color on the inside. i bought my car from the original owners ( a lady) sister. and the car was completely original except for a crappy earl scheib paint job and the tires. even had most of the original exhaust, the only thing that had been changed was from where the original resonators were located back and replaced with glass packs.

i have been documenting these hoods and the only cars i've seen with them were original GT hoods. i've only seen a couple of GT's that had the pie-cut hood and most of the pie-cut hood i've seen were on mach 1's and i've seen a bunch of those. i've been trying to document these hoods because so many people think they were originally pie cut hoods that someone snipped out, like you. but on my hood you can tell that they were actually stamped out from the factory. when the search comes back up at the VMF you can see where i posted about this very subject a couple years back. in fact i think it's posted here as well.