Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trinitys

Efi Plans

So what the hell is going on with me?? Well I’m in the middle of a 2 month stand down before I deploy to the gulf for 6-8 months.

Now the important stuff…..

I’m getting another loan, this time closer to 6500 to rebuild my 351w, do fuel injection and fix a few smaller problems.

1st FUEL INJECTION

I decided to go with the MASS-FLO set up.

http://www.mass-floefi.com/mass-flo.html

I like the plug and play benefit. It’s slightly steep in price, but I’ve heard nothing but good things from owners and the unit is built with quality!

I have to redo my fuel system for the EFI. There is the system (pic below)

Pre-filter and post filters are Mallory canister 3175 inline types. 40 and 10 micro respectively

maa-3175_w.jpg

Pump is a gsl392 Walbro inline

Soft line I’m using is earl’s performance pro-lite 350 hose

ear-350304%20bw_cp_w.jpg

I’m also using a Mallory regulator 4305m

maa-4305m_07m_w.jpg

Mostly 3/8 stainless steel line under the car and along the fire wall, nickel plated or black AN-6 fittings in the engine compartment and blue/red an–6 else where.

I WILL GET PICS AND UP-DATES AS THIS GOES! WISH ME LUCK!

attachment.php?attachmentid=121&stc=1&d=1144126801

No not really cheap....but decent IMHO. The fitting are whats gonna kill me. It'll be close to $150 just for fittings alone! I want the fuel system to be up to par with the rest of the car so i want to use nice stuff. i may decide to have a fab shop put a sump in the fuel tank so sloshing won't be an issue later on. i'm gonna give it a try first and see if its an issue and if it is those are the plans.

BSWOR, you'd have to see the first post for the description of the stuff....:tongue_smilie:

We should make this a sticky! I'm extremely interested in this one too - I'll probably have it done as the same time as my crate motor build, by one of Mass-Flo's recommended builders, probably Bad-Ass Racing Engines in Sonoma, if the name doesn't turn me off too much. :rolleyes:

I've heard nothing but good things about Mass-Flo's kit, and it looks great too. Yeah, it costs, but I've got more time than money . . . so I have time to save up money for it! :biggrin: and use my time to get some sweat equity in on my house.

WELL I'M WORKING ON THE FUEL SYSTEM, PULLING MY HEADS AND PLANNING THE MOTOR.

RIGHT NOW FOR THE MOTOR......

PRETTY STANDARD BUILD. I'M GOING 10 OVER ON THE PISTONS. I'M USING MY '84 BLOCK. I WILL BE USING THE 69 HEADS IN THE CAR RIGHT NOW. I'LL HAVE THE CRANK, RODS,HEADS AND PISTONS IN THE SHOP BY THIS WEEKEND. I THINK I DECIDED TO GO WITH A COMP "K" KIT

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=CCA%2DK35%2D242%2D3&N=4294861490+4294908331+4294840125+115&autoview=sku

PROBABLY SPEED-PRO PISTONS 9.1 COMPRESSION, FELPRO GASKETS, ARP FASTENERS ALL AROUND. BLUEPRINTED STANDARD VOLUMN OIL PUMP, STOCK STYLE BALANCER.

I PULLED THE INTAKE AND THE CARB TODAY, GETTING READY TO DUMP CRAP IN THE DRIVEWAY.....YAH

EFI PROGRESS....NOT MUCH AS I STILL HAVEN'T ORDERED THE KIT. I DID RECIEVE THE STAINLESS 3/8 HARDLINE FROM MCMASTER-CARR. 24 FEET OF IT.

I MADE A "L" BRACKET FOR THE PUMP TO MOUNT ONTO. MOUNTED AND FIT TESTED THE PUMP ONTO IT.

I ALSO FOUND THIS GUY ON VMF DOING THE NEAR EXACT SAME EFI SET-UP.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/597572/7

HE USED THE SAME PUMP AS I.

HERE ARE A FEW SHOTS OF THE PUMP MOCKED UP ON AN OLD TANK....I NEED TO SHORTEN THE BRACKET AS I WAS GONNA MOUNT A PREFILTER ONTO IT ALSO BUT NOW I WON'T BE USING A PREFILTER.