Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

69Tool

New Pics

Here are some pics that I took of the car this weekend. I know it is outside right now, but the paint is pretty bad on the roof and it is covered for now. I did place the order for my garage yesterday too...:001_rolleyes:

PS, I received my Marti report and found that this was originally a Mach 1 with a 351 Windsor 4V...

69fb017.jpg

69fb018.jpg

69fb019.jpg

69fb021.jpg

That makes it worth a little more, which is good news. (you had previously thought it to be an ordinary sportsroff correct?) So when does the gas cap arrive? :001_smile:

Overall the car is looking good.

Hunh, that is so bizarre. Who in their right mind would ever want to un-mach-ify a real Mach 1?!?!??!??!?! So does this mean anything different for your restoration plans or had you not yet determined a game plan for the resto? I just noticed for the first time also that your antenna has been relocated alla the Shellman.

I'll say this much, even in it's current shape it sure does help detract from the lack of lawn compared to all your neighbors.:lol:

The car does not run right now as it needs new gas lines and a fuel pump (at least as far as I can currently troubleshoot it given I have one arm in a sling due to shoulder surgery). I also have a friend who has a gas cap for me, and it is a Mach 1 gas cap, quite luckily.

As for restoration plans, I am planning on building it back to original as this same friend with the gas cap has a 351W and tranny out of an original 69 Mach 1 that he parted out a couple years ago. It is originally Acapulco blue, but I may paint it Gulf Stream Aqua, but that is yet to be decided.

But for now, once I get the fuel problems sorted out, I plan to drive it as is for a while and have some fun with it. Once my garage is up (mid May) I will have it running and replace the floor pans/torque boxes next winter, and perhaps the interior as well.

Thanks everyone! It is great to be a part of the 69 crowd!