Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bnickel

69 being built with art morrison max g chassis

hey guys check this thing out, it is apparently a real R code mach that was in very nice original shape to begin with and these guys are cutting it up to restomod it with an art morrison max g chassis.

i like the idea of the max g chassis, but i'm kind of sickened by the fact that they are using a real R code to build it

http://woodyshotrodz.com/project_bob__tami_steinbacher.htm

WTF are they thinking? Dumb (in an investment sense) and in poor taste. And some poor Sportsroof is sitting out there rusting just waiting for that Max G chassis . . . damn shame. :mad:

I have a little bit of guilt in restomodding a 1,600-or-so-produced '70 deluxe convertible, but I'm doing the kind of things I wanted to do to it when I bought it in high school, and it's not like it's an R-code or anything . . .

same here, modding a 69 gt even if it is a coupe. it is an m-code, ps pdb, ac, automatic though so it's not exactly a stripper standard base model car either. like they say anyone can restore a car but it takes balls to cut one up. HEHEHE. seriously, though, everything i've done to my car is easy enough to undo.

if i still had that 6 banger coupe i sold a while back it would have been a perfect candidate for this chassis.

Well nonetheless i'd like to see the finished product. Man they could have sold THAT car for mucho dollars and then financed another sportsroof project for that chassis. But as they say its your car, do what you want.

I agree with all of you, just becasue you can does not mean you should, your car or not.

Hell, even though my car was a bottom feeder V8 vert I did not have the heart to mod it simply because of how original it was, no matter HOW bad I wanted to. Honestly sometime si think the accident was a blessing in disguise. Now my thought is that I saved it from being parted out or rotting away so I can do what I want guilt free, particulary where a stock replacment is not really an option.