Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bswor

Aftermarket 1969 FRAME?????

I dunno if you read the comments on stangnet about this frame but some are saying they can see a few problems with the design. But just the idea is great however it looks expensive also.

Hmmm, I am very intrigued and bi-curious about this type of thing. At the core I think it is bold and brilliant and possibly long overdue, people have been claiming to have done frame off restorations to their mustangs for decades now, finally not all of them would be misinformed liars. I don't think price is fair to judge on ebay, this is like when any wonderous and complex mod comes to light and folks with money to burn or poor budget planning go wild. Compared to a 12k shell from dynacorn I think an eventual main stream price could be very doable. Heck if it worked on a Vert great and I had known about it I might have thought about it for as a good accident car replacment as opposed to rust repair. I think mine was like 20 hours on the machine at $50 a pop and though it is manufacturer perfect now, I will always have a few concerns and am almost definitely adding welded sub frames just as a precaution.

Is there a dedicated website for these guys? Sounds like a garage set up to me. Could run into trouble if it catches on, like TCP did for example. I'll have too search around on Stangnet for it and see what the down sides are claimed to be but I think all in all this has HUGE potential for a variety of customer types and reasons.

you know, now that i think about it, art morrison is supposed to making full frames for uni-body musclecars now, including mustangs. it's called the max-g chassis.

http://artmorrison.com/index.html

you'll actually have to download the catalog to see the app for the mustangs but you can get the frame with all kinds of options. you can get a c5 vette font suspesnion or a mustang II style setup, for the rear you can get a three link, four link, triangulated four link (four bar) or air ride. i think it's actually cheaper than this one as well