Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dlinebar

Engine rebuilder

Hi, I priced out local shops to rebuild my stock 302 and estimates range from $1800-$2500. I found this company Precision Rebuilt Engines that will do it for about $1200 and that includes shipping. Anybody ever use them I found nothing but good words in a search of forums in the internet. And I get a 12 month warranty......for an addiional $80 they will put a slightly hotter cam.....What do ya think?

Here are the basics of the deal

• New Pistons

• New Rings

• New Timing Components

• New Freeze Plugs

• New Installer Gasket Set
  • New Main Bearings
  • New Rod Bearings

• New Cam Bearings
  • New or Reground Cam Shaft
  • New Push Rods
  • New Hydraulic Lifters
  • New Oil Pump
  • Remachined Block, Crank Shaft, Connecting Rods and Cylinder Heads

Ok I have decided that I am not going to get my numbers matching 302 rebuilt, I am going to store it and get a remaunfactured one. The though being I will be able to rebuild it in 10-15 years and it will be a fresh numbers matching car then again. By putting in the remanufactured engine I really don't have to worry about using up the numbers matching engine and I can drive the hell out of it. So I think I have decided on Power Pro as they have a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty, and I have heard good things on the net about them also I am considering ATK as they also have seem to have a good rep but the power pro engine comes with new valve springs, rocker arms, pushrods and the ATK is remanufactured ones.

Any thoughts?