Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wantahertzdonut

17X10 rear wheels

The outboard portion of Mr. Marbles set up is optimal and looks well matched to the front wheels. To go with 10s I would suggest leaving success alone and stuffing all the extra meat on the inside and not splitting it up 1/2" on each side.

Others have ran late model wheels with up to 6.3 backspacing, so it will fit.

True.. good point.

For my purposes I still have to decide to leave the narrower '57 housing in or go back to the original housing I have which makes a difference in how much back spacing. Likely I have a while to think about/research it.

-Stephen

For my purposes I still have to decide to leave the narrower '57 housing in or go back to the original housing

Wantahertzdonut makes a good point about the deep dish wheels. With your narrowed rear, you could have the best of both worlds - ten inch wheels with lots of dish.

Wantahertzdonut makes a good point about the deep dish wheels. With your narrowed rear, you could have the best of both worlds - ten inch wheels with lots of dish.

True.. Thanks for the tip.

If I can find the wheel I like in 10 with a 5.5" or so backspacing. That might be the challenge. Everything is tore down so I can do lots of measuring and testing but I do not have a rear disc brake solution yet so I'm not sure exactly how far out things will be.

-Stephen