Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dlinebar

What do you think of this engine

Hi,

I may have found a used engine < 10000 on it, for my 69 convertible here is the description:

The block is bored .030" over and has sealed power forged pistons. The crank is .010" rods and .010" mains. New freeze out plugs and cam bearings in the block. The heads have all new guides and new valves, 3 angle valve job and heads surfaced. The pressed in rocker studs have been replaced with screw in studs. The engine has a mild street performance Sealed Power camshaft, CS-108R 288 degrees duration, .465 lift. New oil pump and timing set (chain and steel gears). Edelbrock high rise 4 barrel manifold

So with that cam will it Idle Ok? will the power be at the low end or the hign end? I don't intend to race this car. Also it is out of a 70 cougar will if fit in my 69 stang ok? Will all the accessory mount holes line up Ok?

What kind of performace can I expect?

Any help is appreciated!

Hi,

I may have found a used engine < 10000 on it, for my 69 convertible here is the description:

The block is bored .030" over and has sealed power forged pistons. The crank is .010" rods and .010" mains. New freeze out plugs and cam bearings in the block. The heads have all new guides and new valves, 3 angle valve job and heads surfaced. The pressed in rocker studs have been replaced with screw in studs. The engine has a mild street performance Sealed Power camshaft, CS-108R 288 degrees duration, .465 lift. New oil pump and timing set (chain and steel gears). Edelbrock high rise 4 barrel manifold

So with that cam will it Idle Ok? will the power be at the low end or the hign end? I don't intend to race this car. Also it is out of a 70 cougar will if fit in my 69 stang ok? Will all the accessory mount holes line up Ok?

What kind of performace can I expect?

Any help is appreciated!

Its a 302 just like my original motor,.......

that is a pretty small cam so your idle should just fine, you never know it might actualy be smoother than stock, i've seen it happen. should drop right in to your car although you may have to swap your harmonic balancer over from the 69 motor if you plan on running the 69 engine accessories since the 70 up motors have a 4 bolt balancer and different spacing on the pulleys. oh yeah, plan on chnaging the water pump and timing pointer too, that should be it that you'd have to swap over from the old motor though