Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bswor

A look back

If you read the come on in dont be shy thread from the very first couple of posts you will see this:

WoW great post. Let me see if i can do half that good.

Single and ready to... yeh we know the rest.

Currently working a small security guard job. (going to college in a few months) I have to get my car painted first right? So im going to work a little while longer and get it painted.

I live in pollock, louisiana (where? yeh exactly)

This is my first car. A 1969 coupe, paid $3500 for it 2 years ago. Came with the 351 cleveland :) and c-4 tranny. I didnt know much about mustangs when i got it. Just knew i wanted a 351. Car didnt have decent seats in it. So that was one of the first things i replaced. Got the car back from texas which was a 600+ mile trip one way. My dad drove the car home in 100 degree heat!! We had walkie talkies, i followed him in the family explorer with the a/c running. I also rubbed it in alot... lol cruel yes, but all in fun.

List of things replaced:

Seats, New dash pad, Heater redone, Torq thrust II's added, Front power disc brakes, Weatherstripping, Changed over to bolt in (70 style) glass, Just recently changed to power windows, Added deluxe humphugger console, New bumpers, The right alternator (instead of the GM that was on there??), New coils (1" drop coils soon to be installed) , new leafs in the rear, tranny rebuilt, Also put in a new radiator for a 390 incase i want to add a/c later on, and headers (hooker comp). Brand new flaming river steering box (manual) soon to be added. Cant afford that rack and pinion like some people.. lol

Other future mods: New cowl induction 3" hood coming soon. Racing mirrors to be put back on before paint job. Paint job of course and trunk rust repair done at the same time. Total suspension rebuild. Engine to be pulled. Engine bay to be detailed and all the supspension parts to be put on along with the steering box. Headers just get in the way. Other future mods include aussie 2v heads (currently have sluggish 351m! heads yeh they suck) and a 9" rear with a 3.50 posi chunk. Thats after all the beauty mods are done. Since i dont know when i will be able to do these once i start college.

Almost left out another expensive upgrade, kenwood exceleon cd/mp3 cd player. Its nice being able to store oh 175 of your favorite songs on one cd. And 2 kenwood excelon 6x9's. Also have 2 punch 12's and a 760 w pioneer amp. Soon to be selling those to a friend, i just like my hearing too much.

Oh and i run a website. You may have heard of it: www.1969stang.com

Look forward to hearing about your mustang!

And heres the update::

Was reading some of the older posts today and came across one of my first posts when I started the website. I thought it would be kind of cool to do an update, so here goes.

Still working the security job on weekends and I am going to college. Beggining my second year. Still working and trying to get the car finished and eventually painted. I hate to give out false promises especially to myself. By now i thought the car would have been painted but yeh theres always more you can do to them.

Changing to the mustang steve front brakes soon enough, to replace my 69 cougar brakes. Drop coils are installed. Had to buy a brand new tranny as the rebuild didnt hold up. Steering box has been installed.

Not getting the cowl hood, i did however get a new repro hood. Undecided on the racing mirrors. The trunk rust has been repaired as you can see here: http://www.1969stang.com/gallery/mystang/

Finally getting to replacing the heads with some 2v aussies :) And my ford 9" rear with you guessed it 3.50 posi should be arriving soon. I still have the stereo sitting in a corner somewhere. Ditched the 12's and the amp.

And i still run this website even though pakrat probably thinks that he does.... lol just kidding ol pakrat. Actually if it wasnt for bnickel, trinity, and pakrat..... Thanks guys!

I also have numerous other upgrades and parts already purchased that are waiting to be put on. I'm just a slacker i guess. I'll add to this list later on.

Heh thanks, i wish i could say that "I" fixed it but i had the bodyshop replace all that. It would probably be saggin if i had tried. When i go back to the bodyshop for paint they are also going to replace the lower quarters and put my rear valence on.

I'm sure things will start looking up for you. Thats a big job to tackle do you plan on doing it yourself or having a bodyshop do it?

I have access to welders in my auto shop class at school, but ive only used them a few times so I dont really trust my welding skills enough to do it myself, I do want to though.

would you know about how much it should cost to have a body shop replace both quarters? this will probably be what determines if i try it myself or have it done, if its really expensive i can always practice on some scrap metal before trying it myself!

Never, ever, correct the site owner, he is a slacker tried and true, don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise Ben. :p

BTW, while I am totally content in being just a humble member, I am getting tired of defending you. Just the other day I was talking about this site and some wise guy jumps in saying" I hate Ben Swor, he fricken stinks!" and there was good ole pakrat at the ready to stick up for you, I said "Oh yeah, like shit he does!" That'll show 'em. :cool: No one can pick on my favorite forum and get away with it.