Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

306Stang

Frame Repair Advice

Hello,I am currently looking for any printed or recorded(DVD/VHS) information on rear frame rail replacement for my 69 Sportsroof Mustang.I am basically looking for any help,suggestions,tricks or tips on replacing pretty much the back 1/4 of the car.The quarters are still solid and the differential hump area is still solid.The inner and outer wheel wells are solid but,the taillight panel,rear floor crossmember, inner rear trunk brackets,rear frame rails and trunk floor drop offs are all in need of replacement.I have removed the back bumper,tail light assembly's,trunk wiring harness,rear valance and gas tank to this point and started removing the passenger side trunk floor drop-off.I stopped there and decided to see what was available to help me in addressing these issues correctly rather than making costly and timely mistakes.I do have a mechanical background but,I am alway's open to suggestions from those who have first hand knowledge of these tasks. I do have all the tools as far as air tools,compressor,hand tools and Mig welder to do the tasks but,would be open to any advice on the above mentioned procedure's.Thanks in advance... Ken

Hello,I am currently looking for any printed or recorded(DVD/VHS) information on rear frame rail replacement for my 69 Sportsroof Mustang.I am basically looking for any help,suggestions,tricks or tips on replacing pretty much the back 1/4 of the car.The quarters are still solid and the differential hump area is still solid.The inner and outer wheel wells are solid but,the taillight panel,rear floor crossmember, inner rear trunk brackets,rear frame rails and trunk floor drop offs are all in need of replacement.I have removed the back bumper,tail light assembly's,trunk wiring harness,rear valance and gas tank to this point and started removing the passenger side trunk floor drop-off.I stopped there and decided to see what was available to help me in addressing these issues correctly rather than making costly and timely mistakes.I do have a mechanical background but,I am alway's open to suggestions from those who have first hand knowledge of these tasks. I do have all the tools as far as air tools,compressor,hand tools and Mig welder to do the tasks but,would be open to any advice on the above mentioned procedure's.Thanks in advance... Ken

Invest some money in a good set of ford manuals (5 volume set in 69'), that will give you every cross section and bolt location for all the parts you seek as well as factory dimensions to follow. I am unaware of any videos for this part but there might be, check the parts catalogs. Also, in the new Mustang Monthly (Dec?) there is an article on frame straightening and the subject car is a 69/70.