Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pakrat

What's my best choice for a generally basic 5spd?

Pak that kit is awefully expensive, just piece it together yourself, and remember DO NOT go used. Where are you getting the cable clutch from. If it is a quadrant cable kit then it will not work on our cars. Believe me I know I spent hours contemplating a way to get a cable to work, but that cowl just gets in the way. The only way you could do it is to cut and weld, which I HIGHLY discourage, unless you want a rusted out cowl. The Hydraulic JMC kit I used was very easy to install, just need to drill three holes and then mounts right up, it's the bleeding and adjusting the clutch that is a bitch. If I could I would have gone cable.

Holy crap B, $2600 bucks for the whole kit?!?!??!?!!? That is some serious coin!!!!! I was hoping to keep this under a grand, maybe I will hold off. Do I really need all of this to do it? I mean, what is the bare minimum you need swap it?

New T5z Transmission**

Bell housing**

Bell housing block plate

28oz or 50oz Lighten billet steel flywheel**

or cast steel flywheel**

Clutch kit with throwout and pilot bearing**

Clutch lever/cover

Hurst shift lever/ball/boot

Clutch Cable kit**

Speedo cable and gear

Cross member**

T5 transmission mount

Hardware mounting kit

that's for the kit with a new trans. if you get the rebuilt trans it is a bunch cheaper. and a buch of that stuff i optional anyway. give them a call and see what they can do for you. it may still cost a bit more that a grand but it will be worth it. but i'm with you on the 2600 that's a big chunk of change.