Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pakrat

I just had the best lunch break ever!!!

I went to go take some progress pics of my car and was told it will be done in 5-6 weeks!!!! Woo Hoo. It'll probably be too cold soon for me to put it all back together until the spring but I don't care, the baby is coming home. :D

Here's the interesting part though. This guy normally only does insurance repairs except for his own 68' Camaro that he just redid and only took my project on because we have some mutal friends and becasue it was technically an insurance case. Well since he has been working on my car in his front bay facing the street he's had folks appoaching him every week to do their restoration, this combined wth the fact that his Camaro just got appraised for $42,000 he has decided that now might be a good time to expand his horizons. A much bigger high end body shop down the road just closed down and he has decided to buy that for his main business and turn his old place into a classic restoration shop. He sold his Camaro to help finance it and he is going to cut me a huge deal on the labor cost for the option of using my car to start his advertising and word of mouth. Basically all I have to do is let folks come by and look it over once in a while and take it to a few shows with him now and again, for the next year or two etc.... sounds like a hell of a deal to me. He'll also keep it looking good in that period like touching up rock chips, things like that to keep it looking sharp. I'm just siked at saving more money!

Anyway, I know I'm way over due on showing pics, I'll be compiling and organizing all of them into my album over the next few weeks.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, I also heard my car for the first time with open headers, holy crap! It sounded like it had an extra 200 cubes for pete's sake. needless to say it has left an ear to ear grin on my face for the next day or two. :lol:

thats good news pak. Now you'll be able to afford the rear cobra brake kit group buy..... Just kidding....

Kidding or not, I'm in brother. Light a fire under Steve's ass would ya? I am very surprised to see that there are kits already out there, he's usually the first ain't he?

congrats Pak. i wish i could have gotten a deal like that, but the guy that did my car already has several in the showroom, plus his own 69 coupe and his 73 mach sitting out front all time.

actually i did get a really good deal. he normally charges about 5-6 grand for the amount of work he did on my car for 3200 bucks. right now he is restoring a 71 road runner, 440-6 pak car with a pistol grip 4 spd and if that wasn't rare enough it also has factory power windows, locks and leather too. it came into the shop basically as a basket case and the guy payed over 5 grand for it it in that shape

Well im also getting a kind of good deal. Its no monsterous savings but i caught the guy when he first started the shop so he has gave me good prices all the way through. Now if i can ever get the car back to him so he can paint it...... When he did my engine bay, he had all kinds of people stopping in to see it. The color just hits you from 600feet away lol.