Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mercutio214

Fuse Replacement

I just drove my stang from dallas to OU. Drove great but that night when I turned on my lights, the dash did not light up. The next day I noticed my turn signals were not operating. I stuck my big head under the dash and to my surprise, two of my fuses were blown. So I went and bought replacements(so I woudn't get pulled over for not signaling), got them home and realized that I had no IDEA how to remove the blown fuses. I feel like a complete idiot, but I'm not an electrical guy.

How does one remove a fuse?

Thanx Chris

GO SOONERS

Becasue it is a glass tube type you want to be a little careful but it is bad now so it doesn't matter if you break it or not. You could just pry it from behind in the center as it is simply retained by a tension clip on each side.

You should also be able to find a plastic fuse puller where you got the fuse, sometimes it's even a kit with assorted fuse sizes. Basically it is about 2 1/2 inches long and has a "C" arm on the end of it that you just snap on and pull.

How does one remove a fuse?

Thanx Chris

GO SOONERS

Pak has it right.. the fun part is when it blows the new fuse after you replace it... :twisted:

Hey you're only about 45 miles from me if you're at school :wink:

-Stephen