Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stangboy690

Car Audio Systems

still using the cassette deck that was installed in '83, :oops: , thinking about upgrading to a cd when I finish the interior, course that means I will have finally gotten into the '90's, hey, only 15 years behind times, I'm catching up. 8)

Well i had a mp3 cd player from kenwood and some 6x9's in the rear. Nice sound but car needs some more sound deadner to block out exterior noise. At one time i had 2 12's in the back seat (friend needed the money)They made the car faster for some reason :lol:

I've got an Aiwa MP3 CD deck going in my Mach. The cool thing about it is that it's got a flip front that turns into a blank panel when you turing it off. I'm gonna see if I can put some matching woodgrain on it so that it blends in with the dash when it's off.

As for the rest of the system, I've got a couple 6x9s, a couple 4s in the dash, and I'm thinking about a component system in the kick panels. I've also pre-wired the car for adding a couple amps and a sub if I ever want/need 'em.

i've got an old alpine cassette deck with a coustic 50w amp powering a pair of blaupunkt 6x9's and an old 25w alpine amp powering a pair of alpine 4"ers in the dash.

i'm eventually going to redo the entire system except for the coustic amp and the blau 6x9's. i'm thinking of a better pair of 4" for the dash, a pair of 4x6 components for the doors, a pair of 6" mids in the kick panels and maybe some tweeters at the top of the windshield pillar trim pieces and one of those 100w powered pioneer subs that mounts in the spare tire that custom autosound sells, not sure what i want to run for amps for the front speakers and i've been thinking about adding another pair of 6" in the rear quarter panels or maybe under the rear seat, still not sure on either of those ideas yet.

to all who have cassettes - just keep 'em and use an iPod instead of CDs. Disclaimer: I am a tool of the Man, I work for Apple. :wink:

I think mine is just an 80w system in total. Crappy rear speakers that someone cut into the rear quarter panel to install. :( in-dash speaker doesn't work, but I'm going to do one of those in-dash dual voice upgrades.

I wish I could do these but they don't list convertible and looking at the car, there just isn't room under the panel - the floor/inner rocker has a big bulge right there:

http://store.cal-mustang.com/showdetl-7-9412-19-0.html

I'll probably do the in-door stock option when I redo my doors.

I have three 10 inch 200 watt sony xplodes in the trunk, attached to a pioneer 25X4 cd player, and a 200 watt sony amp, with cerwin vega tweeters fore and aft.

I have 3 1/2 inch side pipes, so I had to upgrade my system from 6x9s just to hear my music :roll:

I have the stock cassette deck that came with the car in the center console, and didn't feel like drilling holes under the dash or retro-fitting my glove box to mount the new cd player. So, I mounted the CD player on the roof, center in the front.