Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*JackBurton*

Damm Youz Alt. Bracket....

I went out and bought the Rousch alt. bracket for my '69 351w with its Pass side water pump.... r21020013

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=428504&prmenbr=361

the bracket rips but it needs a driver side water pump. So here is my problem:

1) do I send the brackets back to jegs and find some stock brackets.

2) or do i get a water pump with a driver side outlet and move the other water pump to my bronco.

Keep in mind i have not bought any pulleys yet, not have I bought a radiator yet.

just get the 302 bracket and the head adaptor......you can get them in the nice chrome finish for like 20 bucks and it works peachy.

head adaptor, you should already have these if you have a '69 351w anyway.

3160.jpg

Keep the bracket!!! Get a late '69 or '70 Mustang Water Pump with the driver's side outlet (that's what I have in my '69) and the matching radiator.

BTW, I designed that bracket and the most of the other Roush Accessories. 8)

I work at Roush as an engineer who supports Roush Performance (for the crate motors and SBF and FE accessories). Alt Brackets, Pulleys, Billet Wire Looms, Air Cleaner, etc...

Roush's main facilities are in Livonia, MI. This is where a majority of the Engineering work is done. The crate motors are assembled here in the old NASCAR Winston Cup engine build shop and tested in the dyno cells across the parking lot, the billet crate motor accessories are machined here in our shop, and the RPP body parts are molded across the street. Down the street they do the Roush conversions (Mustang, F-150, Focus).