Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sixtynine_stang

New Intake/throttle cable bracket woes

Hi, I had a two barrel carb & intake on my 69 Coupe's 302, and I just swapped it with an Edelbrock 600 and an intake from an 85 GT. For the life of me I cant figure out how to attach the bracket that holds the throttle cable to the new manifold. Will I have to replace the bracket? If so, what kind of bracket do I use and where can I get it?

Also, how do I attach the cable itself to the carb? I guess there's supposed to be something the ball on the end of the cable snaps into, but there's nothing on the carb to accomodate it. Does anyone know what parts I need and where I can obtain them? Thank you for your mercy, I mean, your help.

Mattie

yes you will most likely have to get a different bracket which you can buy at most auto parts stores or speed shops, same goes for the linkage ball you need, it is a little ball the bolts to the linkage you should be able get that at the same place. pep boys, autozone, checker and o'reilly usually have them in stok

I went to my local speed shop today, but he didnt have any brackets for the housing. He has mostly Chevy stuff. Not much of a selection of speed shops here in the Northeast. I did get the ball that the cable snaps into. Does Summit or Jegs have anything like that?