Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chrispy

Need help with my First Mustang!

Hi there!

Well I'm going to try and make this a short post but I may have trouble doing that!

I've just bought a 1969 Coupe with a 302 motor. Since I live in France and am only 21 this is quite a feat! (Mustang may be quite common over in america but not in europe!!!)

So I finally got the car of my dreams...

I decided to strip it down to get a nice paint job done on and to restore it to its original condition apart from a few mods for safety.

The last owner had a strange sense of humour, I'm finding things like only two bolt holding the drivers seat, only 3 wheel buts done up... A vavle cover put on loosly...

So I realise the motor has to some out cause I dont want any bad surprises... I know a bit about cars, plus my farther owns a enginering company so I have tools & machines when needed.

I've stripped out the interior and have started on the motor. After looking for info on how to get the motor out I''ve finally capitulated.

I need help!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

what's the best way of getting that nice little V8 out?

I've unplugged all the hoses, taken of alternator etc...

The only thing left to do is the motor mounts and transmission.

I've placed a jack under the transmission to keep it in place, plus undone 5 nuts that seems to bolt it to the engine.

I've got the motor supported by a crane already, I think I simply have to undo the 4 bolts that fix the motor to the mountings.

Have I forgotten some really vital thing????

I thoought that it was about time that I ask some experts!

thanks for anyhelp,

Chris

As long as you have taken off all of the hoses etc, it sounds like you are ready to go for it.

Take it slow though, if something is still attatched you should be able to see it before you hurt anything.

Godd luck