Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stan48312

Anyone know how to adjust window glass in 69 mustang coupe

I am just completing a ground-up resto on my coupe coupe. Neither the Collision shop nor the local glass company has figured out how to get the windows re-aligned properly to roll up and seal, even with the Ford manual on it. I am going to buy a used door that has a good-operating window glass for them to use as an example to set the adjustments. If anyone has suggestions I sure would appreciate your help/advice for adjusting the door and rear windows. Stan

I am just completing a ground-up resto on my coupe coupe. Neither the Collision shop nor the local glass company has figured out how to get the windows re-aligned properly to roll up and seal, even with the Ford manual on it. I am going to buy a used door that has a good-operating window glass for them to use as an example to set the adjustments. If anyone has suggestions I sure would appreciate your help/advice for adjusting the door and rear windows. Stan

DO you have all of the poly window guides still in there??

I have been messing with my window for about 2 months now, but I can tell you how to adjust it if it is like my 69 mach1. There are bolts once you take the door panels off..

2 on the "lip" outside of the weatherstriping

one in the middle and one closest to the engine. just adjust those 1 at a time ( they slide up and down ) and see what needs to be moved to get a seal.

Hope that helps