Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bswor

Car update.

This past weekend didnt go as welll as planned. The plan was to finish prepping the engine bay and put some rust encapsulator on it and paint. But i realized the rust damage under the battery was just to bad to even think about painting over it. So in about two weeks im going to haul the car to the body man and have him replace the inner fender peice there. He has 2 cars he needs to get out of his shop first or i'd bring it to him now.

But this gives me 2 weeks to pick the paint color also. Which this kind of works out better because he really wants to paint the engine bay the same color i am going to paint the car. So it saves us some us some work but not money. He said not to worry he's not going to charge me that much for it. He's a pretty good guy. Ok i can get any kind of paint job i want. But the basic metallics i've seen dont look good except from house of kolor with the bigger flakes and the way the paint almost flops. So im considering going with a Kandy paint job. A kandy red even, although the paint guy seems dead set against red but like he said its my car and he'd paint it pink if i wanted.

So what do you guys think of a Kandy red paint job. One thing about kandy paint jobs are that if i ever get a scratch the only way to fix it is to repaint the entire car. With the other types of paint its not that critical and be matched. What do you think?

Anything but a tralilerd car will not be happy with Kandy paint for very long. Road chips in the front section are way to easy to get on todays roads and as you say, impossible to correctly touch up. As for color, I personally feel the world needs another resale red mustang on the roads like it needs a whole in the head. No offense to red car owners whatsoever, that's just my 2 cents. I find it very hard to get excited about something I see again and again. To me red sports cars are the jeans of the auto world, ya seen one pair ya seen them all, way too common and boring.

Forgot to mention i just sent my cluster off to Dakota Digital for install of their gauges Did this a few days ago, too much other stuff going on i guess. Hopefully they give me the look i want. Anyone using them?

Also going to get a aftermarket a/c under dash unit. The one thats in the dallas mustang and npd catalog. Anyone else using this and or installed it theirselves? Decided on this today when i realized EVERYTHING is going to be out of the car and i dont want to wait and do it later.

So lets just throw another $1k at the car. Now the real question is do i NEED msd ignition and dizzy. This another one of those dreaded while im at it things.

Kevin69mach1 over at vintage-mustang.com's forums is going to lend me his house of kolor paint books so hopefully i can finally decide on the color.

just curious on the ac, is it original type or a restomod type? Myself, I would be interested in a good working restomod type since thats the route I'm going with my car, an I would like to have an idea how well they work, of course 2X60 has worked for me so far.