Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fastback40

kyb gas adjust shocks

I've got an old set of these but when going over bumps the car feels and sounds like its bottoming out. Anyone got any insight?

its a good possability that your still bottoming.....the shocks do add to preventing this problem, but your springs contribute more. i would say replace your springs....it WILL solve a bottoming out problem if you choose the right springs.

engine, trans, ac, ps and production date have a lot to do with it as well as bodystyle, model, supension package etc. for instance a 69 gt with 351, ac, ps automatic car built before 3/69 (i think) could have a different spring than an identical car built after that date. also the same car without ac but built the same day would have diff springs as well. grandes, bosses, gt's , mach 1's all had different suspension packages. and even a base hardtop could be ordered with the heavy duty or competition suspension. hope that helps you out some.

true Brian,... but if your not shooting for exact repops, go with he progressive rate in front if you have the money, if not i use the 620's with a 1" drop in front, and 4.5-5 leaf out back. thats what i have and it feels good although i still have crappy shocks out back on mine, edelbrock eas shocks in front, soon in back too. remember your sway bar makes your ride stiffer too, but not too much.

also take into condideration your driving intention.......real stiff for a daily driver.....not good on the ass. :wink:

hey Eric, got a question for ya. i was just reading something on VMF that all grandes came with the staggered rear shocks, does yours have them? i've never heard of that before but i may have to start hunting a wrecked grande to rob the staggerd shock mounts from.