Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pakrat

Quarter panel needed

Hi fellow 69' owners,

I am not too sure what the proper board ediquette is around here, I know some places are very particular about what you post and where so if I have broken a rule I appologize. I am aware of the parts wanted section and did post there also but a stray tumbleweed was about my only company so I thought I should try a higher traffic section as well.

I am looking for a very good used or NOS passenger side 69' convertible quarter panel. Not a skin, the whole panel is pretty much needed. I already have a lead on an NOS coupe one but I cringe at having to heavily modify a new $1,000 part and I have my hands on a vert parts car that has a lightly rusted one I could repair as well. I really want to start with the best parts I can so if anyone can help it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Pak.

I would say try one of the large mustang salvage yards. Kentucky Mustang has always been good. The thing about used parts are they require lots of prep work. I've also heard horror stories as to the condition of the parts, but used may save you money. Also try Tom schmidt and look for some links(parts&suppliers). NOS quarters are expensive and $1000.00 is somewhat of a bargain. You must need the flanges or roof pillar if you need NOS, but most (good)body should be able to fab your sections of repair. On my 69 the pillar section was rusted where the medallion mounted & a local shop fabed the section. If your sending the work out I would question if you picked the right shop if there refusing to do the workor your having problemes.

Exactly, thanks B, I was just about to say that. The shop is great, no one is refusing to do anything or causing any problems, it's finding what I need that is the only probelm. You can see pics of the carnage on my website to judge for yourself, here's a quick peek though.

It's something I should have probably walked away from but the car is completely rust free and only has 50k original miles so I have chosen to fix it. I want to go the best way possible but I am trying to accomplish it all for under 13k.

109505_62_full.jpg

Anyone have contact info for this Kentucky Mustang? They sound like about the only place I have not tried.

What would you guys do by the way assuming an NOS vert qtr can not be found.

I have a best price of $890 for the NOS coupe qtr which needs modifying or would you chop out the section from my parts car and fix the small rust section at the bottom. Parts car can also be seen on the last page of my website BTW.

109505_66_full.jpg

109505_71_full.jpg

I was told the parts car was a good deal for the $500 I paid for it even though it does not have everything I need so I bought it anyway but I am hesitant in using that quarter panel or not.[/img]

You can contact Kentucky mustang at 1-888-861-0176(9-5e.s.t.). Ask for Dawayne. Their web is kentucky mustang.com. Man is that a bad sight to see. Can I ask what was the quote for repairs/ what area of the country. I ask because I need wheel wells & quarters and my price in WI is 1500-2500 per side. Good luck.

Thanks for that Kentucky info, I'll check them out.

Well, I do not have an induividual break down but the whole job will cost about 15k at the end of the day, that's in New England. I am doing everything I can to whittle that down a few grand though. The drivers door won't even close because the whole car is boomeranged, it's not just what that pic shows. The top frame is even trashed also since it was down at the time. Even one of my engine mounts got busted, the car yard drives but it cut into my radiator hose when I pulled it into the garage the last time. It's pretty much a total do over.

What is the extent of the repairs needed on your car?

Sorry to see your car like that. Give Mustangs Etc. a call. They're located in Van Nuys CA. (818) 787-0010. They have a warehouse w/many rust free parts (half cars,panels,whole cars etc) I've been in it and it's awesome. they are very honest as well as pleasant to deal with. I'd bet they could set you up w/everything you need. Make no mistake they're not giving it away they know what they have and what it's worth.

I just pulled my drivetrain out and gave to them and traded back for parts I needed.

By the way where in NH are you? I grew up in Waltham Ma.

Best of luck.

mdla

Sorry to see your car like that. Give Mustangs Etc. a call. They're located in Van Nuys CA. (818) 787-0010. They have a warehouse w/many rust free parts (half cars,panels,whole cars etc) I've been in it and it's awesome. they are very honest as well as pleasant to deal with. I'd bet they could set you up w/everything you need. Make no mistake they're not giving it away they know what they have and what it's worth.

I just pulled my drivetrain out and gave to them and traded back for parts I needed.

By the way where in NH are you? I grew up in Waltham Ma.

Best of luck.

mdla

Thanks, I will call them and see what they can do.

I am in Exeter but I have lived all over R.I. and MA as well, specifically between Attleboro and Saugus so I am familliar with Waltham pretty well.