Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Purple Mach One

Anyone install an newer style radio in their 69 Mustang?

Hey, guys. I've got a 69 Mustang with the old style bezel that was designed for the old two knob radios in 69. I would like to get newer aftermarket radios instead of the old style dual knobbed radio. Have any of you out there bought a newer style radio? I have been looking around different stereo places and they have told they have to destroy my old bezel by completely cutting off the top half off and leaving the bottom part for the a/c. Is their a way that I can still get a new radio without having to destroy the bezel or resort to getting a newer console from another vehicle to make the newer radios fit?

Sorry for such a delayed post but i did a mp3/cd player install awhile back. Bought an after market bezel and used a dremel tool to widdle it down to the size i needed. VERY tight fit, so tight infact that the head unit and the bezel are one. I feared breaking the bezel it was so thin after i got done with it.

Sorry for such a delayed post but i did a mp3/cd player install awhile back. Bought an after market bezel and used a dremel tool to widdle it down to the size i needed. VERY tight fit, so tight infact that the head unit and the bezel are one. I feared breaking the bezel it was so thin after i got done with it.

That's how I did it with my CD player. Never had a problem with it even after all the grinding.