Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

darkhorse

69-70 mach 1 hood scoop

Way over priced.

Swap Meets (Street Prices) are at $50 to $60.

BTW I have a few laying around, does that mean I should sell them at $100, I don't think so.

actually, i think that is a pretty fair price, seems to be about the market value. i do however judge my pricing on ebay averages.

E-bay are NOT street pricing. It is always known to be above national averages.

Try the local papers, the local mustang clubs and the best market sitters are the swap meets.

Q: Have you ever gone to a large Ford race/swap meet event, there you will see what today's prices are.

Been Swapping Mustang parts for coming up to thirty years.

E-bay are NOT street pricing. It is always known to be above national averages.

Try the local papers, the local mustang clubs and the best market sitters are the swap meets.

Q: Have you ever gone to a large Ford race/swap meet event, there you will see what today's prices are.

Been Swapping Mustang parts for coming up to thirty years.

what does street pricing have to do with it? i said "market price", i could get $100 bucks for it, if its in good condition, maybe more. i guess it veries from "street price" slightly.

here is a good example, its low now, but should end around said price

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7925765779&category=33646

A: nope, but i have been Ebaying for years so i guess that makes you da Man and my opinion is from this point null and void, sorry. :(

Way over priced.

BTW I have a few laying around, does that mean I should sell them at $100, I don't think so.

Personal Foul on solo2, 15 yard penalty. First down for darkhorse. He actually may get $100 online as you will soon find out that some prices are inflated on particular items.

Winning bid is $81.00, a far cry from your asking price of $100. So what does this say? Is e-bay the price sitter or somethings else?

For me the swap meets are is and always will be the market sitters. That is your street price, e-bay is your rip off prices, but if someone wants it bad enough then more power to you and you derserve a pat on the back.

Winning bid is $81.00, a far cry from your asking price of $100. So what does this say? Is e-bay the price sitter or somethings else?

For me the swap meets are is and always will be the market sitters. That is your street price, e-bay is your rip off prices, but if someone wants it bad enough then more power to you and you derserve a pat on the back.

ok, then i'll continue to "rip" people off with my next parts car to finance my habbit, i have no shame in that if thats the case. its just the way i do it. its different then your way, and heck i respect that, sure. i love walking the swap-meets here, its fun. i also love the feeling when i can sell 5 items and put an entire a/c system into my car with the winnings off my auctions. its all good. :wink:

well i guess i shouldn't ask the 850.00 i was going to ask for my versailles rearend then huh? even though it has new rotors, new wheel bearings, freshly rebuilt calipers, new pads and a 3.70 geared pumpkin and the whole rear has been thoroughly detailed. so you think that is too high for a compltely rebuilt rearend? when new currie units are selling fro 3 times that?

During my strool at a recent swap meet today, I find myself a little surprise at some of the prices that are on these items.

For example:

'69 cobra hood scoop $120, ask how long he tried to sell at that price? Answer was six months, told him it should be in the $75 to $85 range. Came back to that vendor three hours later and he told me that he sold it for $75, and thanked me for educating him on that. As he put it, "one less thing to bring home"

It pays to take a piece of paper and to write down these prices every now and then while you are at these swap meets.

Today's swap meet was 75 miles away, some that I have attended this year was as far away as 250 miles away. Average yearly swap meet attendance is 7 to 8 times a year.

Way over priced.

Well I'm new here and I won't get into this but I need one of those $50-$60 hood scoops.

I come here looking for parts and I get links to Ebay auctions.

Now, that is a big help. Thanks!

:evil:

You obviously did not even read his post Max. He was comparing the price of the ones on ebay to the scoop darkhorse is selling. The link was to prove a point.

maxpower, I agree with you, so I did something a little more creative then just generally bitching, I asked for a separate place for auctions. I know it was my auctions, so it’s all better now, carry on. I also noticed the one contribution to this site, the 3 posts you have are bitching about stuff. You need to a positive contribution, and then bitch.

I go here on rare occasion cuz it's slow, Stangnet, Marerick.mmb and FordMuscle. I contribute far more to those forums because there is far more going on. There is just rarely anything going on here so I haven't posted much.

Mostly the reason I don't bitch over there is that, for the most part, the classifieds contributors are actually selling their parts outright to fellow hobbyists rather than using the forum for free advertising to send them to ebay so they can get "maximum buck. Ya know, hobbyists helping hobbyists out, rather than thinking only of number one?

Maybe since you are getting maximum bucks on ebay you can pay for the advertising here? What the point of having a classifieds board if all it is is ebay links. If I wanted to go to ebay, I would go to ebay.

I sent an email to you once to see if you had a 69 woodgrain dash for my 69, if I remember right you were parting a Grande, and I never heard from you. I guess the parts are going to ebay.

I go here on rare occasion cuz it's slow, Stangnet, Marerick.mmb and FordMuscle. I contribute far more to those forums because there is far more going on. There is just rarely anything going on here so I haven't posted much.

Mostly the reason I don't bitch over there is that, for the most part, the classifieds contributors are actually selling their parts outright to fellow hobbyists rather than using the forum for free advertising to send them to ebay so they can get "maximum buck. Ya know, hobbyists helping hobbyists out, rather than thinking only of number one?

Maybe since you are getting maximum bucks on ebay you can pay for the advertising here? What the point of having a classifieds board if all it is is ebay links. If I wanted to go to ebay, I would go to ebay.

I sent an email to you once to see if you had a 69 woodgrain dash for my 69, if I remember right you were parting a Grande, and I never heard from you. I guess the parts are going to ebay.

Duely noted on the classifieds section, but the forums are free no one pays for advertising on them. I used to love going to the VMF for that very reason to check out the for sale section of as you said "hobbyist selling to hobbyist." Becasue ocassionly i was actually able to get the part i needed for a reasonable price without having to goto ebay. I suppose its a better idea to sell on ebay so you can make more or get that maximum buck. Can you blame them? If you were selling your mustang locally and could only get say $8000, but by puttting it on ebay you could get $13,000. Which would be the better decision?

Anyway you actually were right about the classifieds, but if no one uses the ebay section i'm taking it down.

Nice ranting with ya :lol:

ill try to post some pics of a woodgraindash and let me know what you want to pay,Or trade for 70 window glass and brackets,I need only drivers side

That would be awesome. Can't help ya on the glass, though, don't have any.