Sign in to follow this  
jrw69

install of redline headlight harness

Looking for suggestions. I picked up a new Redline Lumtronix headlight harness 4 lamp to upgrade to halogen on my 69 Mach 1. Once I started I routed the power and harness through under the battery to get to 12V power.  The light leads to the right side  headlamp is  about 5" short to get to the lamp. Has anyone done this and am looking for  suggestions on another routing of harness without new holes. would like to keep the relays off to the side, maybe on the radiator support. I could move everything to the driver side and pick up another 12V or splice into the 12V that is part of the harness. Not sure of best way to go.

Thanks

JRW69

Not familiar with your relay setup.  They relay harness I used had connectors to the factory harness for the regular and high beams and two relays for the two circuits and then four plugs to go to the headlights.  It took some planning to get it routed where they reached the far (driver's side) headlights.

Did some planning running the wire harness so the 4 headlights were wired easily and had slack in the leads to each headlight  I mounted the relays next to the radiator mounting behind the high beam inner light so they are out of the way and not highly visible. Overall it went well, new lights are in and working well. Redline Lumtronix made a nice kit. Biggest problem is installing the new lights and getting the springs back in the retainer and headlight bucket ,that was a challenge.