BigDuke6

1969 351W block. Who will sell me a mix and match stroker kit?

the 9.48” deck height seems to be a limiting factor.  I want to use a cast crank,  6.2” forged I beam rods, ugraded bolts, and flat top pistons that will give me a 10.5 CR using edelbrock Performer RPM heads.  there was a stroker place based on the East Coast that shut down in the last few years that I was planning to purchase from that talked me through the process and was going to mix and match according to my needs but I wasn’t quite ready to pull the trigger on it at the time and now that I am, he is gone.  Any suggestions?

I did a 393 stroker with a '69 block.  I used a Scat Crank, Eagle I-Beam Rods and Keith Black Hypereutectic Pistons.  My stroke is 3.85".  The machine shop fly cut the top of the pistons and it works fine.  

Just watch your valve lift to make sure that there is no interference. I used a Edelbrock Performer RPM top end for my engine. I used the Edelbrock 60229 Heads which have the 1.90" intake valves.

Hope this helps.

Pretty much how I am going to go Vic except I want forged flat top pistons. I have ported RPM Performer heads that basically match the flow numbers of Vic juniors.  I also have a ported Air Gap.  I am planning on the Comp Cams 35-426-8 cam shaft.

Big Duke - How did this work out?   Do you have enough clearance with the flat top pistons?

Also, the Air Gap is a tall intake manifold.  If you are going to run a Shaker Hood, that might be too tall to close the hood properly with the Shaker.

I see that you are from Germany. I used to spend a lot of time in Erlangen doing some work with Siemens.

Vic