jerrywmalcolm

safety netural switch

went to NPD today to get a new netural safety switch,  took the old one,  could not match,  i have a MFX trans 69 mustang mach 1,  351w,  heres a picture of it,  has any one ever changed one?,   any thoughts ?,  of course i took  it apart so its not alll there,  the on e from NPD has 6 connections,  and as u can c,  the picture only has 4

safety switch 001.JPG

I changed mine a couple of years ago.  At that time I could only find a "69-73" replacement.  That one is made up with an extra pigtail on the engine compartment side so it can be used in multiple applications.  I remember having to get it off of E-bay (from an eBay "store") and it was around $90. 

i have to add to my post,    i had eliminated the safety switch because i thought it was giving me problems,   i did buy a new one but it wasn't the same so i tried to rebuild the old one,  which worked out,  it needed  to be cleaned  inside,  using some electrol lite grease and new wiring,  surprisingly  it works

In case you ever need to replace it, the part number is D2ZZ-7247-B.  If you search that number you will find a number of suppliers that have it.  The plastic tab that operates the switch broke on mine, so repair was not possible.

Image result for D2ZZ-7247-B