Sean D

Shifter linkage bolt size for AOD lever/selector shaft?

All,

I am in the process of collecting the parts for my AOD swap. Can anyone tell me what slot size is needed for the 69 OEM shifter linkage bolt to the transmission arm? I want to use the fully adjustable one from Lokar: 

http://www.lokar.com/product-pgs/autotrans-access-parts/accessparts-product-pgs/fordaod-selctarm.html

Lokar offers two sizes that would be based on the bolt size from the stock shifter bolt at the transmission. Can anyone tell me which one to use?

ATA-1000 Ford AOD Selector Shaft and Arm 1/4" slot and hole
ATA-1001 Ford AOD Selector Shaft and Arm 5/16" slot

post-45378-0-68017500-1489154726.jpg

Don't know if I can help or not. Don't know what year AOD you have either and even if it makes a difference. I can tell u what I have . 

I have an 83 that's not in a vehicle and a 91 mustang AOD in my 69.  I just measured the hole in the sifter arm on the 83 it has a bushing with a 3/8 hole in it and couldn't measure the 91 in my car but it appeared to be the same size just by looking.  If I was going to use the Lokar I think I would get the 5/16 one.  What I did with mine was turn the AOD sifter arm 180* to the top because the one I have was cable operated in the original 91 mustang and was turned toward the bottom. I made a new hole in the OEM 69 floor sifter to correct the ratio. You could also correct the ratio by drilling a new hole at the AOD sifter arm but I found it easier to modify the floor sifter arm.