Sign in to follow this  
rays69mach1

TCI C4 rebuilt auto trans. Any reviews?

If you already have a stock C4 from the 69 have your local trans shop, one with a track record, rebuild it but consider moving to a 70 box, not much in cost, and add some stronger compenents like red race frictions, kolene steels, kevlar lined intermediate bands, 26 spline 4340 steel billet input shaft, shelby "C" ratio 6061aluminum billet servo,etc. and a strong double weld flexplate. Also consider a trans cooler and a larger pan like a 7 qt. I use this setup in my 69 Mach I 408 stroker that turns 11 in the quarter at 121MPH and it seems to hold together.

My experience with TCI has always been great with flexplates and torque converters.

Thanks for the feedback about TCI. I haven't found a local shop with any experience rebuilding an older C4.  They are willing to do it but  have never done one before.  Rossler Transmission is just down the road from me but they don't do C4s at all so buying one from TCI seems to be my best bet.  Ray