Sign in to follow this  
scotster9822

Carburetor conversion throttle link to short

Hey everyone,  I have a 1969 Mustang Grande with the 250ci 4.1L Big 6.  It has a really small carb on it and falls on its face and dies when accelerating(even after carb rebuild).  I talked to the people at AutoZone for a rebuild kit and it turns out my carb is from a 1965 170ci 2.8L.  My Brother had a 1971 Maverick and gave me his rebuild carter YF carb (the stamp on the side is yf-605Isa).  I have 2 small problems with it.  It makes the car run great by manually pulling the throttle but it is a lot taller so the throttle linkage that clips on to the carb from the throttle cable actuator is to short by a couple of inches.  Also it looks like there will be very little clearance for the air filter assy to go back on when the hood is closed.  Has anyone ever put a YF on a 1969 with the 250ci motor and if so did the air filter housing fit and where can I get a longer throttle linkage?  Also what is the original Carb that went on this motor?  Thank You All in advance for you time.