Ridge Runner

Shop tools that won't break the bank ,that work .

In the old car hobby there is some parts that you will find you have to make your self . I am into street rods ,35-37 Ford pick ups ,as much as Mustangs ,I find i need to make a lot of my parts .Sheet metal working tools can be expensive ,but i have found Harbor Freight actually has some tools that work great and do not cost you a bundle .Just a few tools i have bought from Harbor Freight that i wish were available a long time ago.

English Wheel

An English wheel can make dome shaped parts ,curved door patches ,roof patches for example .

I have used mine to iron out wrinkled or dented valances and other panels.It has several curved dies for different arches .

IMG_0190_zps9v0wtrzo.jpg

A planishing hammer ,it can be used for ironing out dents forming edges and doming panels and more  .

IMG_0191_zpszu1gs8bs.jpg

Shrinker and Stretcher

you can make door jamb patches ,window lip patches and trunk rain gutter patches ,wheel lip patches and more in curved areas

IMG_0192_zps4aron4z1.jpg

I made this small fender using all three tools form 18 gauge sheet metal .The planishing hammer to form the dome and form the crisp front edge ,The English wheel to smooth out the dome ,and the shrinker stretchers to get the curve in the side edges .No welding or cutting was needed , With these three tools and a few body hammers and dollies you could make almost anything with sheet metal .

IMG_0186_zps7erbxhwo.jpg

IMG_0187_zpszqh96qql.jpg

IMG_0189_zpsvxsiqiig.jpg

I have a small model T swap meet wagon project i am working on that i will post some pics of when i get a chance .

These are all harbor Freight tools that i would have to say work very well and at a great price .There are other tools i have bought from Northern tools that also would be great for any hobbyist ,such as a 52 inch 16 gauge sheet metal break and a 52 inch 18 gauge sheet metal stomp shear that i use almost every day .You would be surprised what you could make your self .

very similair to our princessauto.ca in canada, i still have alot of my metal working tools from my autobody days, though i bribe my buddy to do most of it since he went to autobody since high school.

You have a few things i want for sure, but not sure how much i would use lol.   more tools!!!