Sign in to follow this  
juit

new radiator old fan does not fit help

:blink: oh I missed that reply

so you like the spal fan straight or curved?

do you like em over a taurus fan? found a new one for 78 bucks

spal makes a 2100 cfm fan . . it is around $200.00 new . . if you found one of those that is a puller type for only 78.00 i would throw money at it . . the chance of it being one of those is small.

these are only $1.99 . . fur $78.00, you could buy a lot of em...fur $200.00, you could buy even more!!!

. . . . . . . images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfUDOGWafku12LKrIiE9AV_zN6PnodSYgT_yqGNwMpxB8hvYW6AF-cQ2kDNw

Edited by barnett468

No i found a taurus fan at 78

ok the only way to find a cheaper one is at a junk yord . . it will still take some effort to install and its best to use a fan controller with them so they dont run on high all the time but the controllers are typicallt 150.00 or more . . dcc makes one of the best ones imo.

but new would be a install and forget right?

those fans have two speeds which are controlled by sensors so you would need to get the sensors to run it like a stock fan . . you can just run it on high all the time but this is highly unadvisable .you shoukd also run a high amp alternator with one.

what would you go with? or what would you buy? number 1 option between those 2

between what 2?

the taurus fan and the spall produce the same cfm . . the taurus comes with a shroud that you can adapt if your rad is 20" wode, otherwise you can cut it down . . the spall has no shroud and is much easier to mount but only has one speed but you can add a fan controller to that one too if you want.

if it were me, i eould be happy to take the easy route and buy the spal . . if it does not cool yur engine, your rad is too smsall . . the biggest problem us the near $200.00 price.

engine cooling is quite expensive to do.