Sign in to follow this  
Bruno

Best car at Hot August Nights in Reno, IMO

Just got back from Hot August Nights in Reno and saw a TON of very nice cars. It wasn't until I was walking back to my hotel room at 1am that I saw this 1964 Buick Riviera that a car absolutely stopped me in my tracks. I don't know who built it but they are obviously very talented. There was an award ribbon in the interior but I couldn't see what it was for. What do you think?

I like it and Rivieras generally though I might guess many wont appreciate it. There are details all over that car that you know took hours to accomplish. The bubble back glass looks like they took styling hints from C2 vette. Did you get any pics of the interior?

I tried to get pics of the interior but the glare from the hotel lights and the fact that I was photographing with a cell phone didn't make it possible. I know it's probably not everyone's favorite care but you've got to respect the amount of customization on that car. The pictures really don't do it proper justice. The interior was just as detailed.

Yeah, they had 5 cars at Barrett Jackson up for some type of award, never saw who won.

Looks like the front is Gen I Riv, and the roofline and back glass ate from the Gen II Boattail Rivs. Makes me wonder what's underneath.

Of the 5 cars shown, this is the one that caught my eye. Not really my style, but pretty amazing.