Sign in to follow this  
70fastbak

Rear seat/package tray question

Ok this might sound like a dumb question.

When I bought my car it came with a lot of stuff missing, im trying to figure out how all the rear seat area works.

Ive no clue how the rear seat area looks or works.

Does a car with a fold down have a package tray.

Mine was missing everything from back there and I think im going to do it without a fold down, mainly due the ridiculous prices to get one plus I heard they weigh a ton.

Anybody have any pics of their interior without a fold down, I just want some idea of how it all goes together and what I need to get.

This car is my first old school mustang, every other has been 88 or newer, excuse my ignorance, lol.

If you click on my build in progress link it will take you to the list of albums the 3 one down that is titled finished welding sheet metal panels, the next to the last line of pictures has a couple there that shows the steel panel installed that the rear back rest cushion mounts to in between the wheel houses and the package tray support panel behind it. Sorry it does not show a lot of detail but its the best I have. I took these pictures when I was test fitting everything. I had the interior quarter trim panels in too but did not take any pictures of that, I wish I had now though. I am not that familiar with the fold down but I think the very end panel when folded back sort of makes the package tray behind the seat but the fold down does not have the steel support under the tray like the fixed seat does.

Hope this helps some

Dave

Ok this might sound like a dumb question.

When I bought my car it came with a lot of stuff missing, im trying to figure out how all the rear seat area works.

Ive no clue how the rear seat area looks or works.

Does a car with a fold down have a package tray.

Mine was missing everything from back there and I think im going to do it without a fold down, mainly due the ridiculous prices to get one plus I heard they weigh a ton.

Anybody have any pics of their interior without a fold down, I just want some idea of how it all goes together and what I need to get.

This car is my first old school mustang, every other has been 88 or newer, excuse my ignorance, lol.

I just added a fold down to my 1970 Sportsroof. I think I can help I have a complete non fold down rear set up everything you need. I have the metal tray and cardboard cover that covers over it along will all of the brackets end caps bolts screws etc..... If you want it it you can have it all for $100.00 plus shipping. The color is the dark green. Very nice condition from a very low milage clean car. Thank you

Edited by Zipppo