Sign in to follow this  
miketyler

Reproduction Park and Belts light dash light fixture?

I have seen that Belts one before and have yet to figure out why the change. Here is an expensive Convenience Group harness listed on Ebay, and it has the Park light that is similar to your Belts light. http://www.ebay.com/itm/331182512514?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

My guess is maybe a midyear supplier change.

I have seen that Belts one before and have yet to figure out why the change. Here is an expensive Convenience Group harness listed on Ebay, and it has the Park light that is similar to your Belts light. http://www.ebay.com/itm/331182512514?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

My guess is maybe a midyear supplier change.

Good info thanks. Shows you the quality control back then - they don't even match each other on my car.

I bought the Scott Drake bezel set and will only be using one of the bezels if anyone is interested. BTW, the repo bezel was initially a loose fit on the OEM lamp housing. It was a simple matter of a flaring cone and a few light taps with a hammer to expand the diameter of the lamp housing and the bezel is now a very snug fit.

I'd be interested in details and technique on how to stencil the lens to read "BELTS" instead of "SEAT".

Guys - I was polishing my lense this weekend and what little was left of the white "BELTS" lettering came off. It has only the slightest raised area - any thoughts on how to repaint it? Seems like it would take an extremely fine tipped brush and a very steady hand. I would prefer to not have to replace it but will if I need to.