Sign in to follow this  
55Mach1

Need some brake pedal Identification photos and explanations

Well my 70 Mach originally was a power front disc brake car according to Marti Report. When i bought the car as a concour restored car it was restored with power front disc brakes using a newer styled power booster, like the ones the catalogs sell for doing a disc brake conversion

My brake pedal appears to be a 1969 manual brake pedal fronm seeing the pivot point and a few photos online but i honestly have no idea if this is the correct pedal for my car, no part numbers anywhere to be found. Very confused why this pedal came on my car with a power brake set up unless the pedal ratio makes the power brakes respond better i have no idea

So what i would like,to know is did Ford make just one styled manual brake pedal for manual trans cars such as for years 1967-1970 or are they year specific with different shapes, length and pedal ratios? What about other Ford models? Were all the manual trans manual brake pedals the same?

Looking for some real detailed answers here.

If your car was a factory disc car (they were all power) it should have the power disc pedal. Why someone would put a manual pedal in a concours restored factory disc car is a mystery.

pedal70power.jpg

This is the manual pedal. 68-70 manual brake pedal will fit 65-70 and work fine but has more side offset. Foot pad winds up in exactly the same spot, though. The foot pad is wider on the 68-70.

pedal67manualruler.jpg